Has anyone emailed or put on a USB drive the Signer's Copies?

Is it okay, with the signer’s permission to email or put their copies on a USB drive? (Or both email and usb drive)
Thank you in advance!

Most contracting companies / title companies that I have worked with specifically state that you cannot do this and require that you provide the signer with a paper copy of the documents. I would suggest that before you do so you make sure that it is OK not just with the signer but also with the title company and company that contracted you to complete the signing.

2 Likes

I second klewis’ comment.

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback I will definitely check with the siding companies and title companies before hand.

In order to substitute electronic documents for paper documents, federal law requires (in some situations) that the organization providing the documents not only obtain the recipient’s consent for electronic documents, but check to see that the recipient is able to read electronic documents. Obviously that’s up to the lender or title company, not up to the notary.

1 Like

Plus, email brings in all sorts of confidentiality/privacy coniderations.

Not to mention, the cost of providing the thumb drive (even a CD costs time to make).

HWB.

1 Like

I would never use Usb

1 Like