Help! I need a mentor!

Hello, I just passed the “Elite” online course with Notary2Pro. Even though I have passed, I dont feel confident to put myself out there yet. I am wondering if there is anyone in my area that I could shadow. I dont have to go with them to a signing, my apprehension has more to do with the paperwork. Has anyone ever made such a request and if so, how should I go about finding someone willing to help me, in my area? I understand there might be some concern with this since I am a potential competitor so should I try to find work in an office, rather than trying to be independent? I need experience if I am to do this. I appreciate ANY advise! Thank you in advance.

1 Like

My understanding is Notary2Pro offers post-grad support and mentorship - maybe try contacting them and asking them? I’m surprised you’re apprehensive about the paperwork as I’ve also heard their program is very good and covers everything you need to know.

My suggestion is to go over your training materials again…and then again. But the one true way to conquer your nerves over the paperwork is to take an assignment and just “get 'er done”! :slight_smile: Take a job but make sure you get the docs far enough in advance to give you a chance to review them before heading out - the more you do, the more familiar you’ll become with them and the more confident you’ll be.

Good luck.

1 Like

This really isn’t rocket science. Trust that you know way more than the borrowers, cuz you do. Use the KISS approach—Keep It Short, Sweetheart.

4 Likes

@lhnotary4you as Linda stated the only way to get over your apprehension is to just do it and I am certain you will surprise yourself. Don’t underestimate yourself you took all the necessary steps to get here and here you are no sense in reversing now. If possible take a signing with a small number of pages or maybe staring with a loan app. And yes refer back to your training material and use al your resources that you paid for. What state are you in?

I’d be happy to help you with any questions! I’m located in CT.

2 Likes

I would be happy to verbally review how I handle a closing by phone with you. There are also a couple websites with writeups for the important documents. I will try to locate them. Email me if you still need assistance … shellyldyer use my hotmail account.

3 Likes