Help on a mess up with Acknowlegment on a deed

Quick Question I forgot to notorize the Deed and stamp it… well they emailed it back with an acknowledgment. I am not sure do I sign and stamp the page and the acknowlegment, or JUST the Acknowlegment?? PLEASE HELP new to this sorry!

Call hiring party for instruction.

Where are you located? That’s the major fact you left out.

Here in Florida (and it’s like this in many states) you’d need the original document back then take it back to signers to have them re-acknowledge it and then notarize. This is going to be on your dime since it’s your error and you may also end up eating overnight shipping fees (unless you play really nice nice and convince them to provide you with a FedEx label). But you may not be able to just get the ack and notarize according to the copy you receive…and honestly even if it was allowed I wouldn’t do that.

Good Luck and Hope this works out for you - bet that’s one mistake you’ll never make again.

There are no problems that can’t be fixed.

Oh goodness :frowning:
I received a similar request and it seems so absurd that I presumed it was some sort of ‘test shop’!
I am super careful. I triple check all of my signings. I’m a crazy perfectionist when working on assignments. I use a checklist sheet for any notarizing work I’ve completed plus the journal.
So last week I received an email from the title company I performed a signing for the week prior. Attached, was a single acknowledgement page that was pre-filled with their client’s name and back-dated to the prior weeks signing with a request that I please notarize and return it to the title company.
Shocked, I emailed back to ask if I had made some sort of mistake in conducting the signing. My client responded and confirmed there were no errors in my original work, but explained that they lost that 1 page and asked if I could do them a favor and just re-sign and stamp it and mail it back. I firmly but professionally told them that I DO NOT and WILL NOT sign and put my stamp on something that is pre-filled and back-dated, but if they wanted me to obtain a new signature on their missing page from their client that I would be happy to schedule the time and properly notarize the replacement document for a modest and fair resigning fee. I apologized to my client representative and clearly explained why I could not help with their request.

It is so very important to be transparent in the work we perform, and always communicate with clear boundaries that respect our clients but do not deviate from an unwavering professional code of conduct. I will not risk my reputation or my license, nor will I attempt to satisfy any request that would ultimately create any adverse legal consequence for any client.

Afterward, I called the NNA and SOS just to confirm my decision without any mention of the company and they both applauded me for refusing the request. Both agreed that if I did what was requested it would not be legal and that I did the right thing :slight_smile:

Oh wow! It’s a good thing you were very attentive to the details in this request! I applaud you on what you’ve done bc as a notary public, it is our due diligence to operate with the utmost integrity not only to protect ourselves and reputation, but for other stakeholders that are involved as well.