Hire Notary Scam beware!

So I have been receiving Hire Notary emails and even post cards by mail from Them…
1st of all on the website there are several misspelled words and nothing is verifiable.
2nd-They charge a membership fee $48 and it’s not clear if it’s a monthly fee or a yearly or what??
I’m not comfortable with companies that charge a FEE for getting work, either they have orders that need to be closed or they don’t…right?
The phone number never gets answered, the address is to a building that houses work spaces as well as other businesses that are listed at Embarcadero Center None of them are “Hire Notary”

The person they list as CEO does not exist, Kimberly Petersen.
It looks like it was just thrown together with no verifiable info so do not sign up for this service!

Most reputable companies that hire Closing agents and Notaries do not ask for a membership fee because they have closings that need to be CLOSED.
I have noticed lately several companies I work for are now charging for “up-listing” your profile.
Sign of the Times I guess…
Anyway, I just wanted to warn other Notaries about this scam site…

18 Likes

Never pay to play! No guarantees you will get any signings.

5 Likes

I’ve been getting those same emails and I originally thought it looked legit, but then when they asked me for a membership fee, I had second thoughts. I did not sign with them and told them very nicely - I’m not interested please stop sending me emails. You did the right thing by warning all other Notaries.

6 Likes

I fell prey to this company for 48.00. I sent them a short but concise email explaining I will move forward with legal action if they did not return my money. They promptly returned my money without addressing my accusations of them being of poor reputation and ripping notaries off. FYI they have more than one bogus web site under different names but with the same Embarcadero address. These kind of predators should not get away with taking people’s money based on false advertising.

7 Likes

I am so happy this was posted because I have received 2 emails from them between yesterday and today. I was about to sign-up. The $48.00 fee gave me pause but I read their explanation of why and thought, ok, maybe I will try it out. I am happy you got your money back. Thanks for the heads up! Glad to be a[art of this forum.

4 Likes

Thank you for posting this message, super helpful. I have also been contacted by them and was about to join. Thanks!

3 Likes

I sent them a few emails and a USPS mail. No reply. Also, the business model they describe seems unworkable. $48 per year (?), then they send appointments to you and do all the other work of a signing agency (which admittedly is not much, but it’s something),and they don’t charge anything for that work? The only reasonable conclusion is, it’s a scam, IMO.

1 Like

Thank you all for posting this. I am a newbie and I am being bombarded with emails from Hire Notary. Thanks for your honesty. This forum is really helping a lot of new notaries learn what and who to look out for.

Thanks again for sharing

1 Like