How do I find a title company/lawyers office to do a "cash out" signing?

I have had to turn down several signings because I cannot find a title company that will allow me to do a signing in their office. I have not tried to contact any law offices yet. Any suggestions…

I’ve found that attorney’s offices tend to be a little more accommodating than title offices. You have to realize when you close a cash out loan in a title office that many times you are tying up one of their conference rooms to close a deal for one of their competitors, of course they won’t be happy about that.

Just do a Google search for attorney’s offices and start calling. I would personally start the search with offices that are near / convenient to you and work your way out. Ask them how much they would charge you to rent their conference room on occasion for about an hour to do a cash out loan signing. You will probably get a lot of rejection but you should find at least one that agrees. I have found that many attorney offices charge between $25-$50 and you will need to pay that out of your own pocket at the time of the signings. Of course, you will need to increase your fee to the signing company to cover that.

I personally don’t do a lot of cash out loans any more, I find that they aren’t worth the hassle FOR ME. It takes too much time to call and see if you can reserve the room for the time that you need, give the signer directions to the attorney’s office and then listen to the signer complain because the attorney’s office is “too far away.” I also don’t like loaning the signing company $25-$50 to rent the conference room and then have to wait for them to pay me back. And if for some reason the signing company doesn’t pay you, you are just out that money.

I usually tell signing companies that I will only do a cash out loan if THEY find the title office / attorney office to close at and if THEY pay for it directly.

1 Like

keep in mind that many companies wont allow attorney offices, but make sure you are offering money for this service, companies like mine have to pay it.

Thanks much for your responses. I am beginning to think they are to much trouble also.