How Lucrative is this in Illinois and the Chicago Land Area?

Hello!

I am trying to learn about this industry and determine if Loan signing is a good opportunity to invest time/ money in part time? It is my understanding that at most loan signing appointments a the buyer’s attorney functions as a loan signer or a closer conducts this. Can someone help me understand how the opportunities work if you become a notary? What type of appointments are typically set and is this lucrative in the chicagoland area? My apologies in advance if I appear ill-informed? Any resources or help is greatly appreciated!

Interest rates are up, so volume is down. Whether it’s good or not largely depends on the potential volume in your area and how many more experienced notaries are available for the lowered volume. As for part time…doubt full-time people are very busy these days. Also kinda depends on which times you intend to make ‘part’. Weekends & nights, in general, aren’t highly desired (area-dependent). Truly, I’d think long and hard and research your area extensively before committing a single dollar. It’s really slow right now and for the foreseeable future as people really aren’t likely to refi out of the last nearly 20 years worth of very low rates into a higher rate mortgage.

1 Like

Have you done any signings in Chicago or near by? How much can you make and are you still making good money?