How much work is there after 5:00?

Hi,

I have a 9 to 5 job. But, I’m interested in doing notary work as a side gig. Will it be difficult for me to find work if I’m only available on weekends, or after 5:00 during the week?

No more so than just plain finding work in a slow market. I think, strange as this may sound, signing time is area-related.

2 Likes

Are you able to quickly return phone calls and text messages while you are at your 9 to 5 job? Most signing requests go out during those times, even for signings that are going to occur after 5 pm, and generally, you will need to respond quickly. If you’re not available to answer these requests while at your 9 to 5 you probably won’t get any work for after 5 pm.
Do you always get off at exactly 5 pm, never later? And how soon after 5 pm would you be available to so a signing? If you get off at 5 pm but you would still have to go home and print out documents and then drive to the signing location then realistically you would be available to only do signings 7 pm or later during the week.

1 Like

I receive a lot of after 5pm and weekends - mostly Saturday - signings.

This is my situation as an NSA. I am available after 6 PM and am available on weekends. My first year, I had very little work as an NSA. For general notary requests, it was on how I marketed myself. I feel that Title companies prefer experienced NSAs for their workloads (understandable). My work has come from C2C via Snapdocs, and yes, as stated, you have to be quick to reply to their requests, otherwise you miss out. I’ve also learned that negotiating fees is crucial, don’t just simply accept low ball fees, exercise your worth if you do become an NSA.

1 Like

re: notifications - i find it easier to ‘accept’ jobs with the use of the notary companies’ apps. I can accept, then use my breaktime to call or confirm. (usually within a couple of hrs).
re: print after 5 - they do have mobile/portable printers and - you can use a company like Fedex Office. You can download to usb then go into any office location and print them out. Try to negotiate a discount though because they’re pricey.