How to Contact SS that only sends text messages

I get text messages for signings that have no contact info other than accept, decline or a small box for fee requests, etc. How do you ask them how many pages or any other questions I have to determine my fee? Today’s request was from signingorder.com.

You cannot until you are assigned to the order. Should you discover that the lender is one of those whose packages are so huge that you require your handy folding dolly to transport the thing, you can contact the signing company and ask for an increased fee. If they decline, you may a) continue onward with said dolly or b) politely tell them to reassign that order. Your call.

2 Likes

These companies have a set price for the package already. They will tell you the City and type of package and that is usually all you will get. Some times they will tell you what they pay. It is a take it or leave type of deal. If your sitting there thinking about it, it probably is already gone. I signed up for one the other day it was a HELOC, got the details, it was located 30 miles from me, 45 pages, FAX backs for the price of $50. I quickly sent a message that I cancel the job as I do HELOCS within a 15 mile radius for $75 that my fee for that would be $100, as it had fax backs. Many times I won’t play their game. You have to realize they sometimes are making more than you.

In this particular case, the answer is right there in the text. Signingorder.com is the website. Go there and look for a way to contact them. Gather all the information you can about them while you are there (company name, address, people, etc) then go onto google and look them up. Also, if you are on Facebook and a member of any of the larger notary groups, search for them in posts on Facebook.

That should give you enough information to know if you want to even work with them. It won’t help you on this order, as, just like the earlier commenter said, it will be gone (someone else who is hungrier or less aware of their expenses than you will take it) before you can do research. It will help you to know about them when the next text comes in, especially if you put some notes in your phone’s contact list about your research (“lowball” or “slow pay” or “good rep” works).

Bottom line is you need to do research on the companies who are seeking to use your services, especially those who text you out of the blue with no prior relationship with you at all. Just because you are on snapduds and they use that platform, that does not mean they are a good quality company that deserves to have you extend them credit (which is what working now and getting paid later amounts to).

just delete them and move on. You will never find out any info on the assignment in order to arrive at your price. They are fishing for the first one who will bite. They have NO time to talk to anyone about anything and they don’t intend to.

1 Like

So True!..