How to get your first signing

I am a newly certified Notary Signing Agent and I am struggling to figure out how to get that first Signing appointment, any advice would be welcomed. I have set up a linked-In page, a facebook page, I am on Signingagent.com and more recently I signed up with signature closures. Thank you Donna

1 Like

I’ve got some 300 or so companies that I’ve signed up with. You’re in one not-used-much directory and have signed up with one co. Get busy.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your advice, how did you go about finding the good companies that you signing up with? Thank you again!

I hate to say this here…hope Admin does not get upset…but go to Notary Rotary - click on the tab for Signing Central - start checking out all 3, 4 and 5 star companies - btw those stars come from notaries who have taken a lot of time to rate these companies for everyone’s reference. If you buy a paid membership you’ll see more info than just a basic free membership, but since you’re new basic may have to do.

Just do yourself one favor - believe those who have gone before you - if you find a company with 1 or 2 stars and lots of bad comments, do NOT think to yourself “that won’t happen to me” - oh yes it will…trust us…

And Arichter is right - get busy - the key to building your business is market, market market…then do it all over again

3 Likes

Thank you so much, I really appreciate you taking time out to help. I will definitely check that out!. I have contacted a few companies who say until I have experience they wont use me, i.e. Amrock, they want two years experience. I am determined to find keep trying, thank you again!!!

Sign up on Snapdocs.com and complete your profile and get verified. You will get offers-some companies will give you work as a beginning agent. Don’t counter-just accept some work for lower fees and gain experience. Coast 2 Coast is very good about hiring newbies-
Also consider spending the money and get Elite Certification with Carol Ray at Notary2Pro. Her training and connections are well worth the money. Then if you aren’t working you need to be marketing. Notary Rotary and Notary Cafe and Notary 123 all have lists of signing companies. Get registered with at least 100.

1 Like

Caveat needed: ‘lower’ does NOT mean $30, $40…and, please, please, please, if you’re going to accept a lower fee ‘for the experience’, at the very least, be sure it’s close to home as mileage and drive time sure add up to where you’re expending a lot of time & cost so someone else makes YOUR profit. Another thing, do NOT think you’ll be able to raise your fee with the same co. where you’ve been accepting $85 signings! That co. will just move on to someone else looking to gain experience as, once you’ve put yourself in a co’s ‘bargain bin’, they won’t make you top shelf.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for all your help and advice, I really appreciate all of this help! Also I have taken the course through the National Notary Association and was certified through them. I will definitely start signing up for more companies.Have you heard of Notary Guide, I receive daily emails from them, but I believe they charge a fee, and I have been unable to locate any reviews on them.

Thank you again

That completely makes sense, thank you so much for sharing, I appreciate all this wonderful advice!