I am frustrated with Snapdocs

When I worked for signing companies (way too long), they would say that business is slow now and want to lower a fee. Well I used to say that while that may be true, my expenses have not gone down and I am interested in profit not just producing cash flow. Gee, when I went to Office Depot for supplies, I told them that business was slow and could I pay half price for my purchases today? They said no. So I say no to your low fee offer too. OK?

1 Like

I’ve yet to receive a job via SnapDocs that is above $95…it’s an utter joke. I’ve got to print the docs out, drive to the site, bring the docs back, FAX/SCAN them back, and for what? Average $75?

No thanks let another sucker take it.

The reason why notaries can’t seem to organize is because of mentality and attitude. When I first started working as a notary, I talked about rates here and on other forums and I was looked down upon and criticized for asking such a “blasphemous” question. As if.

If notaries helped each other more than they lambast and attack each other, we’d have a standing chance of keeping our prices higher and more reflective of what we deserve to get paid.

I’ve done this for a year now and it’s been so disappointing…not only for the lack of work but the utterly garbage rates that people are willing to pay. Not to mention, garnering business as a notary makes one feel like a cheap, sleazy insurance agent.

1 Like

I am also frustrated. But once a while, you hit a decent amount in scratchoff. Not the jackpot all the time. Thats what it is.

ScratchDocs!! 

Keep Scratching and see what you win. BTW I was thinking of turning off my profile, but then this.

1 Like

I am a new SA , so far all the SA assignments I have received have been taken.

Klewis31975, Now I have a real perspective of the reality of getting work as an SA on SD. Thanks this was helpful.

I have only seen job offers of less than $100 on SD. That is not enough ,for the amount of work requested/expected.

You’re welcome Craig. However, what I posted is the reality for ME in San Antonio, another notary signing agent may not have the same experience. I have a relationship with a builder here in town that I get most of my business from. Without a relationship like that you may have to rely more heavily on signing companies and signing platforms like Snapdocs. However, I have always said that you have to work hard to build relationships with title companies and lenders so you won’t have to rely on signing companies and platforms.
I hope that helps!

3 Likes

Many take low price work for experience, commit errors, re-travel and do it again and learn. I guess that’s a good price to pay, when you are starting ( I am assuming you are) … but one you are good, rate yourself to any good agent… not what u used to make and definitely now rate yourself low. Its all about being united to change rates. See my posting below. Things are already changing.

As you can see from my two previous posts, snapdocs is slowly changing. I am pushing them to take on more quality companies and be responsible for exploitation on their platform.

This wont stop until you stop allowing being exploited.
   Hit accept button as fast as possible on good rates like this. 
 Others it depends, on you , accept first and re-negotiate , or outright reject,

LAST MINUTE RUSH at LOW rates, Outright ask for Better price. Adios !!!

1 Like

Klewi31975 is right,YOU have to make calls, visits, drop cards and sell your services. Once they realize they got a reliable person, you are the person to go to and then u get good business. and Fast Payments too

1 Like

I feel like I’m having that experience as well here in Austin, TX. What type of offers do you get now? I feel like my offers have steadily gone up in just the few months I’ve been using it but I’m still getting low ball offers and asking for more most of the time. I’m so close to the locations and FedEx it’s hard to pass on all low offers that are only a few pages as a new NSA.

I have been getting ridiculously low offers from Wells Fargo lately in the 30 to 40 dollar range through Snapdocs. They sent me one a couple of days ago for $30.00 FHA REFI and it would have been a two hour round trip drive alone, it’s just plain insulting. I countered with a 125.00 with no response. Plus I am yet to get paid from a couple of closings 4 weeks ago through C2C. Come on it’s the 21st century there is absolutely no reason that it should take 30 days to get paid. I am pretty sure everyone else gets there cut within 3 days of closing, and if I am not mistaken that’s the law. Additionally there are other methods of getting paid, PayPal, vendor pay etc, or just write a check and put it an envelope would be quicker.

1 Like

I think $125 for 2 hrs. drive time is very reasonable. I wouldn’t do it for that.

This happens to me as well. They want me to travel 6+ hours round trip for a full set of loan docs at $75. Nope…

Lots of title co’s are now using Snapdocs now and when all of them do, I will probably hang it up after 38 yrs. I saw where Snapdocs made a fortune(millions) since they started during the last year, making at least 25.00 a signing. That 25. came out of my normal fee. So happy I could make this little millennial a millionaire this year.

3 Likes

I am seeing the same trend here and know the signing companies are taking more then half of the fee lenders are paying for a notary. It is so disheartening to me. I was super excited about this industry, but to see how it has morphed into a cash cow for signing companies is enough to make real professionals seek work in other places. Do you think things will change once we move more into e-signing?

1 Like

Same here. They will give me the low paying jobs. I’ve noticed that I apply for jobs and if no one accepts them they will go higher after I applied for the lower pay. This started happening when I accepted a job and they changed the venue and I told them that I couldn’t take it.

2 Likes

Why did you become a notary signing agent. This is just a part time gig for few, full time for few, but many drop out fast or burn out fast

1 Like

SnapDocs is a Signing Service, a Platform and not an NSAs friend at all. They use NSAs like sheep in order to make an impression on would be clients who then get hit with algorithms that under value our worth. There is a “secret” rating that only their clients can see for each NSA, and if you’re below 3.5, you will NOT get ANY WORK. So how do you know what your secret score is? YOU DON’T KNOW, unless you ask a SS or TC that uses their platform to check for you. I used to be a huge fan of SD, now I advocate for any and all NSAs to STOP USING SNAPDUMPS as they continue to devalue NSAs closing fees/rates!

3 Likes

the market is slow right now .hang in there.