I am Not Getting Clients from Notary Cafe

Hello all
i am not getting any clients from notary cafe. Not a one since i signed up, so what am i doing wrong.

All my clients have been from another site.

Michelle Greene Notary

Any suggestions would be appreciated

thank you

2 Likes

Its the same here. I signed up last year and only got 5 signings for the entire year. It was actually less than that because the companies decided to reassign the signing because they want to send docs less than an hour before the appointment with the trip being 30+ miles away. I paid again this year but so far Ive received no signings since Ive paid. Snapdocs is free and I’ve received about 30 signings so far.

It looks like I will not renew my subscription with these folks again. Ill stick with doing it the old fashioned way. Ill contact the companies direct. The only time I received emails from Notary Cafe was when it was time to renew my subscription.

5 Likes

On behalf of Notary Cafe, we never like to hear that our users are not seeing the results you had been hoping for. Our goal is to present a platform where you can showcase your unique talents and personality in order for our Signing Service network partners be able to contact you for assignment.

We do not influence the decision a signing service makes to choose one signing agent over another. Our focus is presenting the information you as a signing agent wish to share on your profile to our network partners. There is nothing in place that assigns jobs to expiring Pro Membership accounts over anyone else.

We will always try and help with suggestions and tips we have learned from experience. If you have any specific questions or concerns, feel free to contact support@notarycafe.com and we will be happy to work with you one on one.

3 Likes

I’ve only been a signing agent for a few months, but since Notary Cafe seemed to have good credentials, it was one of the first places I signed up. I also signed up with every company I could find on SnapDocs and several other companies directly. Since then, I have been contacted nearly every day through SnapDocs and quite a bit with some of the other companies, but not a one through Cafe. It’s discouraging and unfortunate since I do like the website, but it makes me wonder if more marketing is done toward getting the notary to pay than to get the signing companies to use this service. IMHO

6 Likes

I cannot get my photo to upload annet forrest 310 663 9849 annetforrest^@gmail.com

Hi @annetforrest- There was one last step in the photo upload that needed to be completed in order to save your photo on the profile page. I have finished it and your photo is now up on your page. -Mike @ Notary Cafe Support

Neither have I when I was with them in the past.

I’ve been a subscriber here for several years and have received calls from companies that use this platform - not sure why none of you have, but I would probably start with your profile and your marketing techniques.

This site doesn’t market for you, but your listing here increases your SEO, and a paid listing increases your zip code search radius - it’s up to each individual notary to sign up with as many companies as possible while, at the same time,making sure you have a razor-edged profile that screams “HIRE ME! CALL ME! NOT THEM!!”

4 Likes

Do not get discouraged. Notary Café is indeed a good website and a valuable resource for signing agents. I am in NY and there are likely hundreds of Signing Agents available through this platform. If the client only needs one, it unlikely they will go through hundreds of profiles, so you must make sure that you are marketing yourself to stand out. I like this website for its content and visibility. I also learn a bit by seeing what others are dealing with. Also while I like this website, you should set yourself up to have varied resources to get signings. Good luck.

2 Likes

Could you please suggest some of the place to put my information in order to get more and better jobs? Thanks!

1 Like

You have to do a little research. Review the various notary websites. Some offer listings of signing agent companies along with their reviews. Sign up with signing agent companies, get your business cards out to anyplace you think may need notary service. Consider creating a website. Do research and get creative. Its up to you to get your name and service out to the public.

1 Like

I had one lender contact me directly who said they got my name from Notary Cafe. That lender paid me more than enough to have made my listing worth it.

2 Likes

123 Notary, Notary Rotary, and GoGetNotary are the 3 that I have a listing with in addition to Notary Cafe. Sign up with Notary Assurance. They charge an annual fee of around $11 but they will call you directly if they have a signing in your area, and you don’t have to try to beat out other notaries with responding to a mass text or email from a signing company. SigningTrac is another source of business but they are low ballets, and do mass emails, although they usually have you do a simple HELOC that takes 20-30 minutes to complete, and just send the package back. No printing costs.

5 Likes

I have been a paid member of NC for probably 8 or 9 years. I really liked the old website. I find this new website difficult to read and follow and I really miss the complaint board, which was a big help in researching companies before I took an assignment or needed help in receiving payment. I haven’t received any new clients that use this format in quite a long time, unfortunately. I do really like NC’s platform for docs and completion reports, but a lot of companies that once used this format have moved on to either their own format, or a similar program to NC.

2 Likes

I agree with metzger_nsa - I’ve been a member here for a number of years also. I don’t like this new format at all.

As for companies finding me here, I’ve not kept track for a while, but past experience with me was I didn’t always know if they found me here or not as I never really knew exactly what companies used this platform until I tried to sign up with them. Companies calling me would say “I found you on 123” or “I found you on Notary Rotary” - but never said “I found you using your profile on Notary Cafe” or “we use the Notary Cafe platform”. The only thing that tipped me off that this was where I was found was if they noted that I fell within the zip code search criteria - which is never right.

I really do miss the old website format though - and I, too, miss the complaint board. I apologize in advance to Admin here, but IMO this new format was a major step backward…at least for me.

2 Likes

I have been a member of Notary Café for lots of years and have had lots of closings from them.

1 Like

Theresa, you said you signed up with every company you could find on SnapDocs. How did you do that? I’m on SnapDocs but it is slow going. I started in December and am trying to figure out how to increase the number of signing I get.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Like

Since there’s no list here I feel comfortable referring you to Notary Rotary (Admin, if this is out of line I apologize and please delete this post)

Go there, get a basic listing for yourselves…go to Signing Central and start working your way down the list, reading the ratings and feedback about each company and signing up with only those 3.5 starts or better.

SnapDocs is merely a platform for companies to use…much like Notary Cafe is. If you want a list of companies to sign up with - join Notary Rotary.

In addition, I’m not sure where you all got lessons or got certified, but I know that there are a couple very good certification programs out there that not only teach you well but provide support afterwards and refer you to companies who use their graduates. One is Notary2Pro, other is Direct Closers (think that’s now changed names but if you google Direct Closers you get to the right site).

Good Luck.

3 Likes

This thread has gone lots of directions but here are my thoughts. I agree, I have not received any new signings from Notary Café since the upgrade, but I have not lost any from the ones I used to have. I like the upgrade of seeing all my assignments and being able to close in one site. I have sent in other suggestions

1 Like

Thank you so much LindaH!!
I sure appreciate you help. I will go to Notary rotary today! You are too kind.