In Florida which provider to choose?

Continuing the discussion from Florida RON - Best RON Service Providers?:

I’m really very confused about which provider should I need to select and write at the Florida State Application.
Since I do closings for several title companies, and now 3 of them are inviting me for training and start receiving closings from them but the 3 are using different platforms providers.

Can somebody tell me if I need to write several platforms in the application for Florida state? I called many times to the State, but I think they are closed because about the virus

Sorry…can’t help you. Just wanted to thank you for confirming what I’ve always thought would be a problem. Namely, 1) that hiring companies will use DIFFERENT providers; 2) meaning a RON notary would need how many platforms 3) can a notary have more than 1 platform provider and 4) What is the ROI on this? Doesn’t sound very promising to me and I still believe the business will go to big tech, not independents. This belief is confirmed by the fact that notarize.com is looking to hire 1000 notaries right now. Which makes me wonder…if a notary were employed by notarize.com–would they still be allowed to work as an IC for others? Hmmm

4 Likes

I’m getting all information I can.
First, I passed the NNA course to be RON, then I need to go to another training with one of the titles co I do closings, they use different providers, I called the State (Florida) and was told I can write several providers in the application for the state, which included an additional bond which cost $40.

I really don’t like doing RON, but is the future, and at this moment it is more secure than going in person during the coronavirus pandemia exist.

Be aware that we need to be sure that the platform we use will comply with state law and requirements.

You have to choose a service provider who can help you with your eseal and your video conferencing and knowledge based verification/identification; along with your video storage for 5 years. Doesn’t matter what the companies want - you need to find a provider who can provide all those services to you in order to do remote notarizations. So no, you do not need to list all of them - but you do need to be on board with one service provider who can accommodate your remote online notarization needs. The state wants to see, in advance, who is going to provide your e-seal, provides your conferencing, store your video, AND provide your cloud journal.

2 Likes

Here is what is messed up about the RON program in Florida. Anyone who has some technology background can do all the things necessary for half the cost and be State compliant. As stated you can only charge $25.00 per electronic stamp so how does any RON make any money? Example. I have cloud storage myself. I have Zoom. I can use DocuSign through Adobe Pro which I have. So if you can reach out to a client, set up your own Zoom appointment, and have the storage cloud capacity for storing MP4 video chats, plus the docs signing and emailing, why are we paying hundreds of dollars to 3rd party vendors? this is why I refuse to become a RON unless I can do this myself. The insurance, I get it and the $10.00 application fee, great, I get that too. But that is it. Nothing against these vendors but if one has all the software and capabilities of compliance why not let the individual make their own choices? Notaries have little cushion to make a profit anyway?

1 Like

Totally agreed!!, I paid some years ago for the application, asked another notary to notarize it and again when I renewed my commission I had to re-apply, I’m approved in Florida state as a RON, but never I receve from the titles companies I do closing with, 1 order, but I was asked by several people including attorneys if I can do RON, my always answer is, I need to use title companies platform to do it.
Why there is no any platform we can use for us? We provide community services, so we need a platform to provide this service, f we can’t, what is the purpose to e RON?