Is anyone familiar with this company (The Closing Group)?

The Closing Group
Scheduling Dept
502-891-2600

Please go to Forum Categories look for Notary Experiences –
lt71854Nov '15 1
I was asked to close a signing out of town for this company. I was reluctant to accept because I have never worked for them before and I had other scheduled appointments that day,… but they kept calling because they were not being able to fill it. They called again the day of and asked me three hours before the appointment. I accepted, received confirmation, confirmed with client and I was jumping through hoops to get this closed out. While I was waiting on the documents to post to their website so I could print, I get a call saying that it was cancelled and they would not give me a reason why. I made a few calls and discovered that they scheduled with someone else… How frustrating!!! So beware with this company (The Closing Group LLC ) that you can and will be replaced very easily when they can make more money with someone else!!!

2 Likes

Okay, thank you! I’ve received multiple emails from them but, delayed responses. How did it go when you submitted your background check to them?

You can search this site for feedback…there are many threads about this company. But in the meantime keep this in mind

This is the company that sends out blast emails to notaries for signings offering $85 for LARGE 200+ page packages and the job may be 50-75 miles away (calls go out to notaries within a 100 mile radius)…

Not sure about you but that’s charity work in my book

Yes, they are out of Louisville, KY, did two closing so far with them, no problem

I’m familiar with them, don’t need their business.

I’ll update once I received payment and it clears from the closing group

Just to provide an update from a 2017 posting about the The Closing Group. I have enjoyed working with The Closing Group for over a year and have always found them very approachable and helpful. They are very willing to work with new notaries. They have always treated me politely when I call with questions or request a document status update. This company does accept a lot of distance signings and will work with you on travel fees. The Closing Group is on par with other company’s payment schedules. As signings shrink due to the economy, I can rely on The Closing Group to offer signing opportunities. I plan to stay with this company and if you are looking for a new company you should check into the The Closing Group.

2 Likes