Is Mortgage Docs still in business?

I have been trying to reach Mortgage Docs since September 1, 2017 with no luck. I have an outstanding invoice from June 7, 2017. I have sent eleven invoices to Carol at their accounting email address (billing@mortgagedocs.com) with no reply or even an acknowledgement. They don’t answer their phone even when it says, “The next available agent will be with you in a moment”. I also have left messages on their phone with no reply. Are they dead and gone? Does anyone have info on their situation?

1 Like

Mortgage docs is still licensed to do business. That doesn’t mean they are paying their notaries. Just that they are compliant with the state of California. Try threatening to file a complaint with the attorney general in their state. it worked for a member of notarybeware.com. Folllow through if they don’t pay.

They owe me from June 2016, I tried repeatedly to collect. They called me last month to do a signing, I told them I would do it if they pay me for the last signing and this one in advance. They said goodbye and haven’t heard form them since.

I had a Mortgage Docs signing from February 2017 that I just got paid for last month. After contacting Carol in accounting I was sent not one, but two checks that bounced. After that I tried the title company (Discover Home Equity) who directed me to Lender Live. Neither were helpful. Ultimately, I filed a complaint against Discover with the CFPB, and within a week Mortgage Docs sent me a check - which I cashed directly at the bank. Hope that helps, and I hope you get paid.

1 Like

Wow, so filing a complaint with the CFPB got you paid! Excellent! I will pass this information on to others on the various nsa forums, including FB because this will be so helpful for them to get paid!

Thanks for sharing this.

I had to do that with USA-Signingagent. They finally refunded my money.