Job already assigned when I go to respond

I have had 3 instances of this in the last 2 days:

I will receive a closing request and I will answer immediately. When I get to the SS site, the message says, “the closing is no longer available”. I couldn’t have responded any faster. Are the closings snatched up THAT fast?

Yes, they can be gone in a New York minute. But, it could also be your cell provider’s slowness or hiring party sends to a couple of ‘favorites’…waits…no (positive) response/starts going down the line. Million reasons for this and a common complaint about platforms. They’re hinky.

1 Like

Arichter has it right for the most part. Being a newer notary in a system that typically prioritizes a version of “Seniority”, by the time it gets to your phone, dozens of other agents likely have seen that notification already and just accepted it before or right after you received your notification.

The best thing you can do is just be patient, keep trying to accept what makes sense for you to do, and make sure your work is flawless. Mistakes on your loan package will only delay your move up the “ladder” system.

When I receive these text requests, they never mention number of pages of the documents. How can I counter with the correct quote if I don’t know how many pages are involved?

You can’t. That’s the plot in these rotten Apps. But, because it’s ‘undisclosed’…feel free to demand more $ due to large package. Don’t allow them to get away with this nonsense.

Exactly. As you go on, you learn which companies typically give the larger packages, NotaryGO, and can request more money up front.

Places Like Amrock, for me at least, always has packages under 110 with most being in the 80-90 page range.