Legacy Signing Services

I completed a signing for this company on 6-22-17, I emailed them today regarding the status of the payment and I received an automated return email stating that the company has gone out of business. It was only $75 so I’m not worried about it, but I’m curious, does anyone else have money still owed to them from this company??

Lots of people for the last year. You’re just not seeing it on this site.

Yeah, I did a search on this forum and I didn’t really see anyone else saying anything about them… Another signing company bites the dust and leaves us notaries unpaid. :cry:

It more than $75 if you factor in the paper you printed, your overhead costs (electricity, ink/toner, gas, car wear and tear, mileage…). Very sad that there is no organization we can turn to when we get robbed. I’m sure the signing service got paid.

Write it off as bad debt on your taxes. Not much in the way of compensation, but better than nothing.

Only a tax write-off if you use the accrual method of bookkeeping (where you report income when it’s earned) - if using cash basis (where you report income as it’s received) then you can’t claim a loss of something you never had.

Good point! I do use accrual, and should have said so.

I guess I was lucky. Did one for them last year and got paid

I did a signing for them on March 21 2017. I sent an email on or around day 45 (May 8) to find out when I should expect payment and got a message saying they had received my request and were looking into it. I didn’t hear anything for a while, then on May 30, I got an email from them saying my payment was on it’s way. I received my check on June 5, 2017.

On 03/24/2017, I did a signing for Legacy Signing for $75.00. The name of the person giving me the assignment was Miles 614-595-0191. I never got paid. I have been trying to locate the company and they just disappeared.