Legitimate side hustle?

Does anyone have a legitimate and good side hustle that you would share with us? Please, please, please don’t reply with blogging or secret shopper or virtual assistant. (saturated for the most part)

Become a wedding officiant !

2 Likes

good idea, but I’m not sure my state allows notaries to do that

It’s only available from time to time, but one can be an election worker. Also, the census is upcoming.

Get your fees up to a profitable level w/GNW & Loan signings and you won’t need the really low-paying side hustles of inspections, secret shopper and others of that ilk. Get listed on all the free internet sites…yellow pages, yelp, etc. and business will find you.

3 Likes

There are (I believe) only three states that give notaries the power to officiate weddings. I became ordained by Open Ministry which is not considered an online ordination and accepted in all states. Weddings are year round and of course some months are busier that others especially June and October. I have done over 100 weddings this year (income has almost doubled from last year) and has helped tremendously since the closing work is slow. Market yourself well on google and it is very effective along with free. Research pricing of other officiants in the area along with info on how to become well at the craft. I enjoy it much more than the closing along with I can make more money, easier work and people are ALWAYS happy!

Thank you - how would I go about becoming ordained by Open Ministry ?
If you don’t mind me asking what State do you live in?

What is GNW and what does it do?

GNW= General Notary Work.

https://www.rev.com/freelancers

You can do freelance / contract work for Rev or AI Media. Both of these companies do at home transcription and closed captioning. You do have to pass their test which proves that you can type well, spell accurately, use proper grammar, follow their instructions accurately etc. I thought the tests for both companies was pretty easy, however I referred a friend and she did not pass. I have done work for both companies in the past when things were super slow for me although I haven’t done any work for either company in YEARS so I don’t have any recent experience with them. But they are real companies, not scams, and you will get paid. I went to the AI-Media website today and I didn’t see a way to sign up as a freelancer so I don’t know if they are accepting any new freelancers at this time or not.

PLEASE NOTE, these are NOT high paying jobs! You are not going to make a living wage freelancing with these companies and you can definitely make more money doing general notary work if you market yourself properly. But if things are slow and you have the time and need a little extra cash they are not bad for stay at home gigs.

1 Like

I have tried REV and they are a good company. You can also try “We Go Look”. You can do a number of things such as Notary, Taking photos for a customer - They walk you through what they need for crash damage or properties. They have other things such as door hangers. You do have to jump to take a job the offers are sent to a group and the first person to claim it takes it.