Let's talk Pavaso - for those of you who currently work through them, bonus points if in AZ

I had Title call me last night to ask if I could do a RON for one of their customers who has an immune disorder. This Title company utilizes Pavaso.

I have my e-commission here in AZ
I have my e-seal through NNA
I have my pavaso certification

I sent a request to this Title company this morning to accept me as a RON notary, but to the main office as the branch office where this TO is located wasn’t on the list.

Whenever I search Pavaso, I see NSAs saying that it cost them $99. I cannot see where to pay that $99. Why are you charged that? What am I missing? Does Title pay all the technology fees if they belong to Pavaso and there are NO fees charged to the notary?

Please - someone who is currently doing this, help me figure out if I have to pay $99 or not, and if I do - where is the button? LOL

2 Likes

I ‘think’ that Amrock will pay the $99. Other companies–don’t know. Not much help, sorry.

There is Pavaso Certified which is everyone together signing on your touchscreen laptop or at least in the same room. Signers review and sign most documents digitally before you meet.
That through pavaso is free.
If you want to get fully RON it is separte training and $99 … but they only do that if you are referred and working with a SS or title company.
In the billing area it allows you to choose a company you work with from a dropdown box and send for approval.

1 Like

Wonder how they get away with this in states like Florida, who has passed RON legislation. Why does an independent notary have to be affiliated with any company, or be referred by a company, to be entitled to use their RON platform. Notary work is not solely limited to real estate transactions…

1 Like

Seems easy enough for me.
You start the business and you dictate how it is ran.
Why would we feel entitled to any business structure.

Pavaso Certification is FREE, however, it is by invitation only…you must be referred from a title company. You actually receive an invitation via email.

1 Like

For GNW you don’t have to be affiliated with any company, only with a platform, which is what Pavaso is (or can be). There are some differences between platforms, besides pricing such as whether they provide work (pay is minimal) or whether they provide support (DocVerify…very expensive and no support). I have signed up directly with Pavaso as well as Notarize. I have not begun working as a RON but hope to do so, with a major lender, soon.

I got certified with Pavaso on 2017 by a SS invitation. I was not able to use it because Indiana needed to approve the vendor platforms before I could do RON.
Well, now in 2020 finally the SOS approved Pavaso. I was able to login and apply for a renewal. I was approved and became “active” status in their platform last month on May, 2020. Today June 3rd I received an email Invoice from Pavaso for $50.00 ( I think this is annual fee for renewing, $99 if first time).
However, I have yet to receive any closings via Pavaso.
I have been reading all the instructional material I can find inside their platform and I have been practicing with a test/demo closing.

I feel very comfortable and ready to provide RON service. It is a matter to connect with the right Title, Lender to get going.

I also signed up in 2017 but didn’t re new it, however now I am interested in doing it again but I do not know how to get it to renew? I emailed them but never heard back from them. I had not received any signings from them either