Likely scam identical notary signing offers from different names/email addresses

I received the same email. I am in Texas. I was worried that I missed something, as it was sent to my spam folder. I’m glad I did not respond.

I got the identical email

I have received the same email several times. I just believe they are trying to hack in on your computer or trying to get other information.

So today I received two more emails from this Sanya David character… the first replying to my first ‘polite’ reply to him, the second to my later nasty email telling him to top the scam.

"Good Morning, Attached is the Bank, Borrower and UPS label documents we are looking to close on tomorrow. Please click unlock to download the file and login with your email address password details to view the docs or your snapdocs account.

If you have any questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact me at (917) 908-9523. Thank you for your anticipated courtesy and cooperation.
Or click on the link below to download the doc.
Sincerely,
Sanya David"

I opened the .pdf in a protected mode and found that it asked for my email address and password to that email account. LOL how stupid does he think we notaries are? He is now blocked. Not to mention the size of the pdf file he sent was only 90k in size, nowhere nearly large enough to contain a set of loan documents.

I’d forward this email to the FTC, FCC and IC3 - along with a copy to your state’s AG

Received as well from Sanya David.

Definite scam-I got the same exact email two days ago-just hit delete.

Received the same e-mail from Sanya David paying $175, for a closing,

Oh, wow! Glad to now know exactly what the scam is…it’s serious. I agree with LindaH…report this pronto.

got the same thing a couple times.

I have been receiving these emails for about 3 weeks. A few minutes ago I got one from someone supposed to be from Chicago Title (even with a CTT email handle), with a link to the smartmail account to open for the documents. First, I don’t have a notary confirmation on file from CTT. Secondly, the smartmail came from another person altogether, whose name was unrecognizable and their return email address was from birminghamrealtors.com. I called the phone number on the email from the supposed CTT scheduler, only for it to be an answering service for a doctor. Beware these people. They are getting more and more crafty all the time. Don’t open any links or attachments! I live in Washington State.

Yes, I received one today; after examining it I figured it was bogus. it came from bgersba@aol.com and the number if you search the number states its a scam also look at the last word, misspelled crop for corp. Besides i was never contacted.

Good Morning, Attached is the Bank, Borrower and UPS label documents we are looking to close tomorrow Tuesday, 02-05-2019. Please click unlock to download the file and login with your email address details to view the docs.

If you have any questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact me at (917) 908-9523. Thank you for your anticipated courtesy and cooperation.

Amt: $225

Or click on the link below to download the doc.

Sincerely,
David DaCosta
America Home Mortgage Crop

will definitely block

I got the exact email, only from: potterreteam@aol.com :unamused:

SCAM! I’ve received these as well but in my junk file. Funny David says he works for First American as well. He’s a very busy scammer! :joy:

The scammers are using a pdf with a maleware link in it. The sneaky problem is that the pdf has First American Title and their logo. If you ever receive a suspicious pdf you can drag it over to Goggle Docs to view it.

I have been getting emails from Sanya David repeatedly. I don’t click on any links. The last one looked very legitimate posing as a First American with a “secure link” to click on. She or he is getting very much more sophisticated. The first clue is that there isn’t an email address from First Am or office address in the signature line. Here is what google sent after I reported spam:

Sounds familiar:

"Good Morning, We have a purchase closing available in your area tomorrow morning at 08:30 Am. Are you available? Please get back to me ASAP. Borrower prefer you text them at 415-639-9714 to confirm the order. Get back to us after confirmation and we will send you the closing documents with involve.

Closing fee is $275.00

Thank you,

Sanya F David.
First America Title."
MIAMI< Florida

Got one today and (thankfully) my spidey senses told me to call the law firm he was claiming to be from. VERY convincing “secure docs” portal that he’s using.

The email address s/he used was sanyadavid91@hotmail.com.

Received an email today with a link. So glad I call if not familiar with the company to verify. This is a SCAM.