Marketing my services

I want to make up some business cards and flyers to advertise my services. Should they include just my name, the name of my business and contact info such as phone and email, or should they also include information like my commission number and expiration date? I’m in FL, if that makes any difference. Also, I’m wondering - is it worth putting up a website to advertise my services if I only plan to work fairly locally? TIA for any advice you can offer.

FWIW: BUSINESS NAME & your name, of course, ALL contact info…even your address ONLY if you’re willing to have people knocking on your door at all hours and you’re willing to do notarizations AT your home. Again, FWIW, I do let people come to my home & advertise the address on YP, Yelp, Google & every FREE site I can find, but have never had someone just show up–they’ve always “called first for Appointment” (as I say in my ads or I may not be available). I don’t think it’s necessary to include your Commission # or Exp.date. But, you should include the ‘notario’ warning everywhere. As to a website: I had one…started out cheap enough, but the fee kept GROWING every year and I dropped it after 3 years because it really wasn’t producing compared to the free listings.
On the other hand, know another notary who does real well from her website. Best bet is…give it a whirl and see what happens…nothing much to lose by trying. Just keep good records as to what source is producing well.

Sorry for the new kid question, but what is a “notario warning”?

I definitely won’t be putting my home address on the cards - I’m not keen on the idea of strangers coming into my home, especially since I live in a gated community with my 11 year old and two cats! I will have to go to the customer or meet them somewhere. I’ll also be registering on all the free sites I can as you suggested.

Thank you for your reply. :slight_smile:

Google it for better info… a quick google turned this up:
Section 8219.5. (Amended by Stats. 1998, Ch. 879, Sec. 30.)
Cite as: Cal. Gov’t. Code §8219.5.
(a)Every notary public who is not an attorney who advertises the services of a notary public in a language other than English by signs or other means of written communication, with the exception of a single desk plaque, shall post with that advertisement a notice in English and in the other language which sets forth the following:

(1)This statement:* I am not an attorney and, therefore, cannot give legal advice about immigration or any other legal matters.*

(2)The fees set by statute which a notary public may charge.

(b)The notice required by subdivision (a) shall be printed and posted as prescribed by the Secretary of State.

©Literal translation of the phrase “notary public” into Spanish, hereby defined as “notario publico” or “notario,” is prohibited. For purposes of this subdivision, “literal translation” of a word or phrase from one language to another means the translation of a word or phrase without regard to the true meaning of the word or phrase in the language which is being translated.

Just use Google Local, Loan signing all week & Sat. Google local provide those weekend signings, and it free.
In the listing just select mobile service, so you don’t have to provide your address. I don’t recommend providing your notary comm. number on your listing, to may scammers may try to use your comm. number.
Link to google local: https://www.google.com/business/