Mentor in Greater Atlanta Area

Hello,

I am looking for a Mentor in the greater Atlanta area. Is there anyone interested in mentoring me or does anyone no where I can look to find a Mentor?

Atlanta…as in Georgia? GA is an attorney-only state, so unless you’re a lawyer, signings that you can legally do are limited.

Hi Arichter, yes, Atlanta, GA. I know that we can’t do all signings. However, I would still like to have a Mentor to show me the ropes. I’m willing to pay for time spent. The goal is to ensure my services are up to par.

Hopefully, someone will be interested in helping me.

I too am seeking a mentor in the Atlanta area and would compensate for hands on teaching. These online things are one thing but having hands on teaching from a veteran is priceless

Since you folks in GA cannot do loan signings, I’m not sure what mentoring you would need - or even what online training you may be referring to. Your notary laws prevail, and if you can notarize a document correctly, that’s really all you need to know. The rest is all in your marketing - how you advertise, where you advertise and what services you offer.

1. Business cards - put them up everywhere.
  2. I had postcards done on VistaPrint and mailed them to local attorneys - saying something like “client can’t get into your office? I’ll go to your client and get the documents signed and sealed”.
  3. We have a local newspaper published weekly here - short ads are $2/week - it’s all classified ads - I advertise in that faithfully - “Notary Public to you at your convenience”…it’s paid for itself tenfold.
  4. Sign up on various sites to up your SEO - just make sure you don’t pay for listings at first. There are a lot of places to list without a fee.
  5. Set up a small, free or inexpensive website.
  6. Make sure your profile is complete - your profile is your first best foot forward - convince people why they should pick you and not the next guy.

Above all else - make sure you answer your phone when it rings - missed calls are missed opportunities.

And don’t fall for the “we’ll give you volume business for discounted fees” - price yourself for what you’re worth.

Since you in Georgia are limited to, basically, general notary work, I just don’t see where mentorship is a financially feasible option.

Good luck

Hi Linda,

Thank you for the response and detailed information; it’s greatly appreciated. We are able to do out of state signings, even though I’m sure we won’t see as much as you do. In reviewing the forum topics, I have chosen to take another course through notary2pro next month. I feel confident about taking this course and moving forward. Have a great day!

Good luck with that. You will not be disappointed in that course,

Thanks Linda,
I’m really excited about it.