More suspicious activity - Jacque Adams - First America Title

I wanted to let everyone know that we are receiving some suspicious emails from “Jacque Adams” at First America Title. We received the following email on 07/11:

Good Morning. I have a customer who is refinancing home in your area. He and his wife will need to sign loan documents in there office on Friday (waiting for the lender to finish up some things) is that something you can handle and if so, what is the procedure and the cost? Thank you, Jacque Adams First America Title Santa Monica, CA

We replied back that Notary Cafe does not conduct signings and that our site is a listing service. We then received the following email:

*Hello, In the secure link above you will find all of the documents that the borrowers need to sign for the closing on Tuesday 07/16/19 at 05:30PM. The closing location is in the invoice document. Below you will find a list of all the documents that should be in the secured link above… *

Fee: $350.00

Borrower Docs
Payoff Disbursement
UPS Label (send back originals)
Closing Package
Notary Checklist – Refinance
AOT Docs.
Regards,

The “Borrower Docs” line contained a suspicious link to an undisclosed website.

We then started receiving more copies of the first email above on 07/17. If this was a legitimate inquiry, they should have acknowledged that Notary Cafe does not perform signings instead of sending us a link to some “documents.”

I just wanted to share this information with our users in case any of you are seeing the same sort of activity. As always, be cautious when clicking email links - it is easy for those with ill intent to send you to a corrupt website.

NC_Mike
Notary Cafe Support

2 Likes

I got one from . . . .gavin_hatcher@yahoo.com The same rap but in NY

Hopefully, you reported and forwarded this to FASS so that their security department can figure it out.

1 Like

Used to get them purportedly from Chicago Title.

The flaws in syntax are always a warning. Also, why would a title company ask a notary about procedures? They give us instructions, not the other way around. And the fee is ridiculous.

Stop and think before replying.

1 Like

I received that email as well, about 2 weeks ago. Something didn’t seem right so I didn’t respond to it. Received it twice I believe.

I am sorry Judy, I just saw this reply to my first spam email. What is the FASS and How do I notify them?
Thank you, Rachelle

Yes I have received those as well. And to day I got this one!

"Hello My Dear,

My name is Annie Joyce from www.notarycafe.com, I have something very important which I would like to share with you .could you please respond back to confirm you have received my message before I go further.

Thanks and God bless"

Now it seems scammers are even trying to get Notary Cafe in on their dirty work!

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been getting those for a few weeks now. I asked them to call me for a discussion two or three times while explaining I do not open documents or links in unsolicited inquires without talking with the sender first. The never call or reply back so I have now blocked their emails from even coming through.

1 Like

A complete phishing email DO NOT respond

Thank you and yes, I have seen these type of emails and the docs are sent even when I do not reply.

Thank you for posting.

I received this email more than once. It’s a scam.