Mortgage Connect - Is it a good company?

This company low balls their fees. Nothing like accepting the bid for $60 and seeing in the paperwork it was for $450. I can’t leave my house for $60 with printing and prep, gas and time.

2 Likes

Mortgage Connect is a great co. to work for, People are friendly and they pay on a timely basis, Love their training, only downside, you have to invoice them, , but it not such a bad thing as they pay on time, I have worked for them for over 3 yrs, no issues

And you don’t find faxing back every single time about 50 pages without compensation, a downside ?

This is a Micro Management Company that pays a marginal fee. If you want to spend over an hour repeatedly answering texts, even though you have updated on their site…then this is the company for you. 1 deal and 1 deal only with them. I had a horrible experience and even if I didn’t, they are so heavy handed with their follow up I can’t afford to work with them again. On a positive note…NOT,
every single acknowledgment was completed with the wrong state and county.

And then correcting their documents because they think everyone is in the state of Pennsylvania. They also have more acknowledgment forms than any other company…you’d think they would figure out how to complete them correctly.

1 Like

Dumped them after the first assignment.

Mortgage Connect is my favorite for several reasons. First, they call you as opposed to sending out a broadcast text message cattle-call.
If they are calling you the job is yours. The call is just to see if you are available. They respect the fee that you have in your profile, never low-balling
you.
Second, their loan packages are consistent, no surprises and they pay the same fee for smaller HELOC packages.
Third, they are great to work with. The instructions are clear and concise.

I’d like to address the fax-backs and the slow pay issue. The fax/scan-backs are limited. They provide you with a checklist
for the documents needed to be sent back. When I am reviewing the package at home and removing my sign-here flags I simply
set the scan documents to the side (40-50) pages. They provide an upload feature on their website and the whole process
is simple and does not require much extra time.

Their need for an invoice can create some confusion. But if you follow their schedule of sending whatever jobs you have completed
on the 15th and the last day of the month. You will be paid reasonably quickly. One snag is that if you send an invoice for October jobs
on November 1st instead of October 31st you will be sent to the next billing cycle and that will delay your payment.

This company has their act together. PS I am not affiliated with this company in any manner, way, shape or form. I just work for them
and they are very good to work for.
instead of October 31

1 Like

Easy to invoice. Pull a copy of their template, save it. On the 13th and 27th go into their system and print the list of your completed jobs. Fill out your invoice from the list. Email in the completed invoice. They cut checks on the Mondays following the 15th and the 30(31). (If the 15th is on a Tuesday, the check for your invoice covering the 28th through the 13th will be cut the following Monday.) Follow their schedule and you will receive a check twice a month.

Packages usually run 150 to 165 pages, so set your fees accordingly.

I really appreciate that MC calls with offers. And most of the folks there are very pleasant.

2 Likes

You are assuming that my fee does not account for the fax-backs, this is not correct. I set my fee. It is above average and the effort to scan 50 pages is about 4 minutes to scan and another minute to upload the file. Scan-backs are part of life for an NSA and MC’s requirement is quick and easy to deal with. I have never been micro managed or low balled. As always, it is your perception and experience that dictates your choices.

There are 20 companies that have an address matching 260 Airside Dr Moon Township, PA 15108.

The companies are Mortgage Connect LLC, Mortgage Connect LP, Advanced Technology Systems Inc, Advanced Technology Systems Inc, Ats Chester Inc, Ats Chester Engineers, Na Water Systems LLC, Mortgage Connect Escrow Inc, Inspire Closing Services LLC, Inspire Closing Services LLC, Inspire Closing Services LLC, Inspire Closing Services LLC, Chester Environmental, Inspire Closing Services LLC, Inspire Closing Services LLC, Mortgage Connect Escrow Inc, Mortgage Connect LP, Mortgage Connect LP, Mc Gp Inc, and Mortgage Connect LP.

I’ve done several closings for them over the years, and recently with their affiliated company, Inspire Closing Services. No complaints. They do micro manage a little bit, and do require scan-backs on every order, but they also pay my requested fee. You do have to submit an invoice to get paid (which is a little old school) but they do pay on time. Believe me - there are much worse out there.

1 Like

You’re correct about Mortgage Connect. There packages are thick and their fee is $100. Not a penny more. Now, I noticed they are requesting a lot of training. The NSA is already trained, but Mortgage Connect require additional training.

MC offers additional training, but they don’t require it. I used to spend time on their training videos, but really - it’s all the same thing: Have the signer sign their names as printed, get (or don’t get) current ID, fill out the forms correctly, notarize correctly, make sure you have the correct date, always check the package before leaving, get it back within 24 hours. Common sense, really. I think they offer those as a selling point - “Hey, lenders, see… we provide our notaries special training just for your product!” I took a half dozen of their “certifications” - it never made a difference in volume. Even though they call me a “premier” notary, I still get the same number of calls. They pay twice a month, they pay the fee I ask, and they will go up a bit for extra miles. Lots of certificates - average is about 11 per package.

How did you sign with them , I did not get any respond from them.

I have worked for both Mortgage Connect and Inspire, they are sister companies. Sometimes a scheduler from Mort. Connect will call me to assist in a Inspire closing. They have the same type of Invoicing procedure. I believe Inspire handles all of their VA loans.

Update on this company: I have been working for them for about 3 years and they have been generally pretty good and pay my standard fees. However, every year at the beginning of the year someone from management calls and tries to get me to lower my fees. I haven’t raised my fees even though my expenses have gone up. So I don’t. Regarding cancelled appointments… They just told me they will only pay $10. for printing of documents on a cancelled appointment. That would cover paper and ink but not my time. After printing 150 pages x 2. They pay $25 for a trip fee for cancelled appointments. They have quite a few cancels and I think the bank(s) are not paying them for those. So pass the loss on down to us. After that phone call, I am considering other options.

I have worked with them twice. Was paid quickly. Docs were on time. They received my information from FASS. I was closing a first mortgage on one property for FASS and this same couple had another property that needed to close the same day. Then they also sent me another High Value Signing. After I sent all of my credentials and listed my charges…since I have not received another closing.
They have this thing with scanning back docs before you drop the package…every signing…and they want it quickly. Which means you find and pay someone to scan and send docs for you or drive back to your office to take care of it. Either way it costs you time if you had another closing scheduled. They only wanted Critical docs but that was a cost of another $15.00. They were also very slow to let me know it was reviewed so I could drop the package.
I think my charges were too high after I took all of the variables into consideration.

Send an email to vendor@mortgageconnectlp.com and ask for a new vendor package. They are only accepting SAs who have been certified a minimum of one year with 100 signings.

More on this company… I have done all types of closings for them for over 3 years. They have never been the best to work with, but they do a lot of closings for major lenders so can keep the work coming. Lately though their schedulers are calling me and giving me assignments and not telling me that it is a larger file (VIP–often 200 pgs), even when I ask what type of closing. I just received one that I found out later was a 1st and 2nd and was told it was only one loan when it was given to me. This has been happening so often it seems like a bait and switch tactic. Me fees are more than fair, but like most I charge extra for larger files. I will not work for rock bottom fees for anyone.

1 Like

MC will negotiate up for a big package. Call the scheduler who assigned you the job - their contact info is on your assignment sheet - and ask for more $ to cover the higher cost. They are always reasonable, in my experience.