Mortgage Connect - Is it a good company?

I have closed many for them and I always get $125.00 no questions asked. If I have a High Value they pay $150.00.
I like working with them. I have been able to receive additional for additional travel as well.

I’ve been working with them for about 2 years now. I always though they were a signing company because of the amount of money they pay until the other day when conducting a signing for them. I noticed that Settlement Statement showed "fee paid to Mortgage Connect for Notary was $495 dollars however, they always pay only $90 dollars. I just found out that they are a Title Company not a Signing Company so why if they are the actual title company and they charged the client $495 dollars for my service I was only paid $90. I know when working through a signing company the pay is different because they also have to make money but this is wrong.

1 Like

I’ve been working with them for about 2 years now. I always though they were a signing company until the other day when conducting a signing for them I noticed that Settlement Statement showed "fee paid to Mortgage Connect for Notary was $495 dollars however, they always pay only $90 dollars. I just found out that they are a Title Company not a Signing Company so why if they are the actual title company and they charged the client $495 dollars for my service I was only paid $90. I know when working through a signing company the pay is different because they also have to make money but this is wrong.

I am a new Signing Agent and I am exploring different notary sights to sign up with. Does this company charge a fee? If you know of any other companies can you list for me? Thanks

Mortgage Connect requires a minimum of 1 year as a Notary Signing Agent or 200 completed signings. They are very detailed and require a high performance standard. You are responsible for billing them. However, they pay via auto deposit up to twice a month; they pay a decent fee, and they will cover additional expenses such as ferry fees, parking fees or long distances.

The best companies require experience. To get experience, you start with the companies who take anyone. They pay lower fees, are often very intrusive, may require multiple “check-ins” and call you over and over. Packages with them will likely include a dozen pages of “Notary do this” and Notary check lists. Annoying, but they are an excellent way to gain experience as well as learn the actual bones of the business. Notary Go is one.

It depends if it’s mortgage connect or Inspire their other company I had a very bad experience with Mortgage Connect documents not on time and when they did come in, the documents came in scattered emails all the documents should have came in one email but they were all scattered around and different emails from different people a horrible experience

Do they still ask for scan backs on every single signing or they stopped doing that?

Hello-If you are still working with Mortgage Connect, what is your Refi rate vs VIP package. I am in Arizona and I think I am being short changed.
Thanks Frederick 480-788-2706

Sorry Arichter, you are wrong I have done hundreds of closings for both companies and they are directly connected, Mortgage Connect is the main company and Inspire is a prat of them. they have the same Vendor Management

Sorry for the delay. Yes, MC requires scans. And they have their own proprietary docs (5 to 7) that require notarial acts with each and every package.

Mortgage Connect fees are based on the fee schedule you complete when you sign up with them. If you want to change the fees you require, send them a revised fee schedule.

I have worked with them for some time! Love them. Then they joined forces with Inspire Closings, love them too.
You have to submit an invoice to be paid. With Mortgage connect you always have fax backs and need to wait for approval to drop. That can sometimes be a problem depending on your schedule and local pick up times…
I gave them my fees when I first signed up to work with them. I only dispute fees when the contact me for a signing and I have a long drive.
Inspire Closings has fax backs as well but, If you can drop it the same day and meet the cut off time you do not have to fax back.
I have never had a problem being paid. They have a set schedule for payment and it is printed on your invoice.
Recently they sent out an email stating they were having a problem with payments and were fixing it. Just let them know one is missing. No big deal. I am paid about every 2 weeks and it is a direct deposit. I love to work for both of them.

Most of time you do not know how large is the package at the time we accept the Notary, . they only time we know is the time that document in loaded in the system which usually is about 2 hours before signing which there is no time for negotiation

lmcloster, what email address are you submitting your invoices too? I did my first signing with them 12/31. TIA

I took a VIP course one time. That is it. they have never asked me to take their training and I do not see on their site where it is available, so I am confused. I work with them often.

Just started… you do not send an invoice anymore. You now have to log onto their site and fill in their invoice. The address I was using was printed on their invoice at the bottom.

Call them. Very reasonable.

How do you sign up with them?

They require scan backs on every. single. thing. They don’t pay extra for them. They offer an average of $90 in my area, but according to an earlier poster, they’re charging a $450 notary fee. You be the judge lol. :laughing:

1 Like