Mortgage Information Services, Inc. (MIS)

I just received an email from MIS to accept their invitation to be a signing agent. Part of their email states “MIS stresses prompt payment to each and every Signing Agent.”

Has anyone signed up with this company?

Never mind. They just want you to buy their listing/marketing service.

I just signed up and the person to contact is Danielle Hollis. There was no inquiry regarding payment for marketing.

I am a newly signing agent…I just hope this is a legitimate service.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank,

Anna

I’ve done a couple of signings for them. No problems so far…

Thank you for the feedback. I am fairly new at this and I do get a lot of marketing emails.
Nationwide Notary Registry - they want you to pay for advertising and also USA signing agents.

Do you pay for advertising on any of these?

Thanks for your insight. I feel there are so many services that just want your money.

Have a great week!

Anna

Mortgage Information Services (MIS) is a legitimate company and you should feel confident taking signings from them. I have done many signings for them over the years and never had a problem with them. They are one of the better companies to work with. On the down side, since they recently started sending out email requests for signings (they used to call you directly), they have reduced their fee from $100 to $90.

I pay the annual fee of $25 to be listed on Notary Cafe and I have a free listing on 123Notary. I am also visible in the Signing Agent section of the National Notary Association’s website because I pay the annual membership. Many individuals that call me for private notary services tell me they found me on 123Notary. Some companies actually pull your profile from Notary Cafe. I wouldn’t invest too much money in signing up with these companies. Pick a couple and call it good. You will find yourself in many company databases before long. I do recommend signing up with www.snapdocs.com Many companies use them to send out signing requests. They are legitimate and free.

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback! Good to know and I will take another look at signing up with them!
Coni

MIS is a good company to work with. Their site is easy to work on and they pay timely.

Great! Thank you Ksmith2k!

Some years back they were very good!.. then went horrible for a while, then the Mtg bust came upon us. Haven’t heard from
them in over 5 yrs…like most companies few business to go around

A good company. They pay as promised. My only gripe is that for every single signing you do for them you have to complete a ton of miscellaneous title affidavits, name affidavits, ID affidavit, etc. I’m in CA so I have to add the correct jurats and acks for each one. And you have to fill out forms with all your notary information ( commission #, E & O amount, policy #, etc) for every single order. You would think that when you give it to them once they would have it on file. Very annoying and time consuming.

2 Likes

Good morning this Memorial day. MIS is a very good company to work with. I’m full time and loving my life as a NSA. Feel free to reach out to me. I have been a NSA for 14 years and I mentor a great deal of new NSA’s up and down the east coast. I am currently signed up with about 60 companies. I look at it like a numbers game. The more eggs you have out there the more business you open yourself up too. Take care
engagingdestinyllc@yahoo.com

Phillix

1 Like

MIS is a very professional company.

Hi- I am signing up with them and I just saw this, they have some question that really threw me off. Can someone help me if you don’t mind??

What software are you familiar with using? __________________________________________

Are you able to download digital documents? ________________________________________

What digital document programs are you familiar with

2 Likes

Liz: What types of software do you use? Excel, Quicken, Word, Adobe, etc… Can you download docs from a website (ie “digital”)? Last, do you know how to use any of the various .PDF programs such as Adobe Acrobat or any version of Reader.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your feedback, yes to all the answers above.

Mortgage Information Services (MIS) has never offered to sell me any products. I get paid on time and Danielle Hollis is super pleasant to work with. They are one of my favorite companies to accept signings for.

They send me job offers by email, and they are usually filled within minutes. When I did happen to be right there when the email came out, I immediately responded and was still told it was already booked to someone else. I gave up on them a long time ago.

don’t waste your money 123notary notary café and notary rotary are the only ones I pay