MortgageDocs.com slow payment tactics

Any one has ever had a problem with mortgagedocs.com paying on time. My experience, they pay every 90 days.

Job done on April 20th. Said they would pay by June 1st. No pay, emailed and said I would for sure have it by June 30th. Still no payment. I sent them a certified letter last week and also informed Stewart Title that I had not been paid. Starting next week, I will call and fax an invoice every single day. I will never work for them again. $145 owed.

1 Like

I just did a job for them the other day . Hope they don’t do the same with me .

Yes I’m having a problem with them right now for a job I did on April 25th 2016. I contacted them in June and they said they would be paying it right away. I’ve contacted them again this July and they have not even return my call and I still have no payment. It’s just one job and that will be the last job I do for them. Not only are there fees lower than everybody else they called me in the middle of my signing twice to see if I was done. I was barely an hour into the signing. It’s not a good thing to bug notaries in the middle of a signing but I knew it was them so on the second ring I chose to answer it just in case they needed me for something specific about the signing. Never again!

I stopped working for them last year because I had the same problems with them that you’re experiencing. I had to threaten to take them to small claims court before I finally got paid. But you really don’t want to work for them in any case. They are the lowest paying of all the signing services out there.

1 Like

Glad you brought them up. I just sent them my notary info per their request. I will not take any assignments if they offer.
Gary

Here’s how you get paid from Mortgage Docs. Email Steve and Rudy Baldoni. Tell them if you don’t have your check in hand within 5 days you will: Notify the title company, the lender, CFPB fraud department, your state’s department of insurance. Also let them know that you will use the FE/UPS label that was included with the documents to send copies of all of these emails to the title company every 3 days until you have your check. Done deal. You will get paid.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the information. I have been sending my emails to billing@mortgagedoc.com., attention Steve Muller. That is what I have been instructed to do. Do you have a better email address? Thank you Sheila D. Anderson-Pitts

Low ball and do not pay. I asked them to remove me from their list.

1 Like

I am having the same problem with Mortgage Docs. They promised to pay by 7/15/16 for a signing from May and yet again no payment. 7/20, I was told could I just be patient and they would get the check out in a few days. I had stopped working for them for awhile, thought maybe they had changed there ways. Shame on me!
Reported to lender, didn’t want anyone else to have the same problem.

I haven’t worked for them in years and I am glad I haven’t based on your comments. I would call them on a daily basis and ask about payment. Eventually they will pay you.

1 Like

I have 3 outstanding payments I am waiting on, April, May, and June. Emailing billing was not successful. I emailed Rudy I was told he looked into it and was getting a check right out and that his CFO was out sick. That was 3 weeks ago. No check yet. I sent another email today asking for status up date. I won’t work for them again. There is no reason to have a 90 day pay cycle.

I am going to try gutterty’s suggestion if I don’t here snything back today. Thanks for the info

I have been waiting for payment from a project last year (2015). I have not received a return call back from any of my voice mails nor have I received payment.

I am beginning to wonder if there are any companies out there that you can trust for payment. I just started my company last year. It is hard to get any experience when you see the problems that everyone is having. I don’t want to do the job for no pay!

They offer peanuts and don’t pay on time! I don’t understand how come they are still on business…

Finally got hand written check from Rudy Baldoni for $95 for order done 3 months ago. Check returned NSF plus return fee from bank. They also owe me $100 for another one done 2 months ago. Both orders for Stewart Title. Is there a way to let Stewart Title know?

I really wished I had read all these comments about Mortgage Docs. I have done about 6 signings for them. Now, no one answers the phone. Any suggestions on how to get paid…who to file a complaint with? The Lenders care, sort of, but probably aren’t going to pay me. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I worked with this company since 2010 or 2011. The web page is very good and easy. At the beginning the payment was ± 45 days. But my last assignment completed with Mortgagedocs was in March 7,2017 and now 120 days late, I have not received my payment. I sent emails and phone message and nobody answer to my request.
This is an abusive and unconsidered practice by this company. We are the notaries, that day by day are in the road, spending our money and time.

And you will have wasted how much valuable time? Skip the lowballers. Put them out of business when they can’t fill orders.

It took them 6 months to pay me for 1 signing in November 2016 and the first checked bounced. My bank charged me $18 for that NSF deposit. It took another month for them to issue another check. This time I went to their bank, Wells Fargo and cashed it. DON’T WORK FOR THEM