MortgageDocs.com slow payment tactics

Send an email to the Baldoni bandits AND the title company informing them that you will be sending a copy of your invoice to the title company, using their FEDEX or UPS label, every 3 days until you get a check either deposited in your bank or overnighted to you. I did this and was paid immediately. Threaten and then DO IT

How is this possible if you only get one Fedex or UPS label from them and presumably use it to send the package back? Or are you talking about using their account number to send the invoice every three days?

You recā€™d a label to send the docs back with. Just print it and use it

Yeah, but canā€™t you only use those once? Iā€™m sure the Fedex and UPS has systems which detect duplicates.

The label is from them/to them. Where else would they send it? It was be delivered and charged.

I understand that, but my question is whether you can use the SAME label (tracking number) more than once.

Yes. If you let the Baldoniā€™s know this is what you intend to do, they will pay you!

1 Like

Hey, I just wanted to give a heads up if you do eventually get a check from Mortgage Docs. In June I was sent a check for a job in early February, only after months of contacting Mortgage Docs, the title company, and filing a small claims suit. After depositing the check, it bounced. I was then told by the title company to contact Lender Live, which I did. Lender Live didnā€™t respond, however shortly after the email to them, Mortgage Docs sent me another check, for the original amount plus the NSF feeā€¦ just got my mail today, and guess whatā€¦ the second check BOUNCED too.

If you do end up getting a check from Mortgage Docs, DO NOT deposit it in your account, go directly to the bank it is from and try to cash it.

I filed a police report with Irvine police for check fraud. At this point I donā€™t know what else to do. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks for the info, it has been going on 4 mths and no check. They donā€™t even have the respect to answer the phone or emails. They should not be allowed to be in business.

Did two signings for them, 4/5 and 4/10/17. Still no payment and no reply to emails or phone calls. Invoiced to the only email addresses I had (scheduling and resources), asking them to either forward to the correct address or provide info to me but no response. Called, left messages, mailed a hard copy invoice ā€“ nothing! Finally got the correct address for billing (billing@mortgagedocs.com) from a scheduler when I declined an assignment and told them why. Sent invoice this morning to that address with an email notifying them of my dissatisfaction and my intention to contact and inform the hiring clients from my unpaid signings if payment is not received within 14 days (which I feel is being more than gracious). Extremely frustrating. Never in my 8 years in this business have I experienced such a blatant disregard for professionalism and common courtesy. If I had researched them prior to accepting those gigs I would never have done so. No more.

Wow! Thanks for the heads up. Ugh. Unbelievable!

I did two application signings for them, one 160 days ago and one 130 days ago. After a while of not getting paid, I tried the lender (I wonā€™t mention their name, but they are a Federal Savings Bank) and got no help. I tried the title company, got no help. Finally I started emailing the CEO, Rudy Baldoni and copying the address everyone@mortgagedocs.com . That got a response from Mr. Baldoni.

On June 13, 2017, he responded to my email, saying he had investigated and would send me a check.

I havenā€™t got it yet, almost 60 days later.

Why is anyone still taking assignments from MortgageDocs? Do you not read what everyone else is saying about them?

Right on, Steve! Stop taking their calls, they will go OOB, and those signings will get contracted to signing companies that pay us!

All these tough stories, and I thought we were working in heaven. "I donā€™t even like the name ā€œMortgage Docsā€. I like ā€œJoeā€™s Shoebox Mortgageā€ better. At least itā€™s honest.

Do not accept a NO PAY from these bandits.

I research the title company and lender. Send an email to everyone from the EA on that loan to the management. Same with the lender. A title company who knows what the SS is doing, ie, stealing from the notary and continues to use them is complicit in the theft. Same goes for the lender. If the lender continues to use a t/c who is complicit, they too join the complicity. Let t/c and lender know that this information is going to the department of insurance in your state. Keep hammering awayā€¦eventually you will get paid.

Thank you!!!
I did a signing for them 06/2017 still waiting on payment. Iā€™ve called, emailed, faxed name it Iā€™ve done it. I also CC copy of my demand for payment email to the Title company, who responded to my email to them with PAY THE NOTARY NOW!!!
Still have not received payment.

I will use your tactics to see if they will pay.

Marie Ledet-Hill

Itā€™s a shame we have to resort to this but we donā€™t have a lot of options. Iā€™ve only had 2 companies who decided not to pay. Once I started including everyone, I was paid very quickly. Good luck and let us know.

Iā€™ve had very good experiences with mortgage connect.

Not the same company. MortgageDocs.com are deadbeats, no one should do business with themā€“IF they are even still in business. Mortgage Connectā€“a first class company everyone should be grateful to get work from.