WARNING: N3 Notary - Anyone ever work for them before?

I work for them a lot, Yes they offer low pay which i will do in my local area but anytime its out of my local area I give them my fee and its usually approved. It all adds up :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up…they have called me twice for locations at least 45 min away

Anytime I have to go that far I ask for $100.00 and I get it. Don’t be afraid to ask for what you want.

6 Likes

I currently work for them and I have NOT had any issues with being paid. I will agree with what others are saying about low offers but the $20 is standard the lowest I take is $25 and I am driving 5 minutes and for a 10-minute job. I will accept 3 and do them back to back. The most I have been paid is $95 and that was a 30-minute drive so I made that in 1:15 minutes. I do about 6 a week just another source of income I keep around. I ask for what I want and I don’t allow any of these companies to waste my TIME.

6 Likes

I have done three for these guys and I always get at least $80 because of driving distances. They pay right on time as well.

2 Likes

Just missed a call from N3. Glad I checked this forum before trying to connect with their scheduling dept.

1 Like

Lately, N3 Notary stopped paying for assignments I have done for them and I can’t get any response from their Accounting department either. Anyone else having payment issues with them?

I can’t believe this outfit is still in business - they were bad 14 years ago when I started here…

Wow…

1 Like

I negotiated a job from $20 to $80. So far I’ve had three jobs (two of them I negotiated up) with them and two more (possibly) next week. I’m asking for $50. I’m new to them so haven’t had the opportunity to see how quickly I will get paid (though it says 30 days in one area and weekly in another). They have been friendly. But I still wary of them because I’ve seen many mistakes (misspelled words, typos, and bad links).

1 Like

I just received my first call from them. It’s for an I-9 verification. Not sure if I’ll do many of those as they started with $20 - I countered with $30 and then she sent me all the form requests to get signed up with them. I’m also wary because of all of their typos in their forms - do they not have spellcheck?!

5 Likes

Yes, I have done work for N3 Notary. They started off paying on time but then they stopped. I have been calling and leaving messages for months and get no response. They owe me for outstanding invoices to the tune of $400. Anybody else having this issue with them? If you have experienced non payment from a dead beat company, any assignments, what steps have you taken to get paid? I’m at wits end! :frowning:

2 Likes

I WILL NEVER work for N3 again. They don’t pay notaries timely and make up excuses why they withhold payment! I did a job for them before Thanksgiving 2020 and STILL HAVE NOT received payment. Even with numerous calls and emails and noone to respond or pick up the phone. They send this stupid autobot message and claim its the reason why they are withholding payment. I completed everything as planned and sent the the screenshot of the page completed. No response. I will report them to Attorney General and others entitles. Notaries beware of them!

5 Likes

Good morning,

It’s 9:57 here in NY. I am a new notary and just received a call from N3. I was excited. However, the caller was muffled and I could barely hear what the caller was saying. I asked him to repeat several times and finally indicated that the connection was bad. I heard assignment in NYC. I am in Suffolk county and NYC is over 1.5 hours away and given traffic it can take 2 hours. Caller indicated that he would call back on a better connection. Caller never called back. I immediately looked up the number and found these conversations. Thank you all for your honesty. Is there any other advice you can share with a newbie?

2 Likes

Hi Ronneek,
Welcome to the Notary world!

First of all, an 1-1/2 hour drive for any assignment is way too troublesome, but if you decide to take that distance, make sure they agree to pay you over and beyond. Normally N3 pays $30 for their I-9 appointments. Second, I am having trouble getting paid from N3 for assignments done months ago.

Are you signed up on Snapdocs platform yet? I find their pay is more “generous”.

Good luck!

1 Like

I feel you @ mtatenotarialservices. N3 sucks!
I’m still waiting on N3 payments back to August of last year to the sum of $400. After making LOTS of noise and sending certified letters to various departments within, including the GM, I finally get a response. They come up with some lame excuse that I didn’t respond to messages to destroy documents (which were in my SPAM folder). REALLY? So hopefully after responding to these SPAM messages now, I will see payment soon. I’ll keep you posted. ((SIGH))

1 Like

Good luck to you - this is a long thread so my earlier response may have been buried - I started in this business in Florida in 2006 - they were a no pay/low pay company back THEN. I can’t believe they’re still in business.

And to think an SS has to insert themselves into an I9 transaction - should be simply between employee and employer w/ employee finding a notary.

There’s a marketing idea for you folks! Sit back and think of who in your state (limited to make it easier at first) would need a third party to help their hires get I9s done? Send a letter to their HR department - offer your services in your state. Eliminate the middle man! Wonder what employers pay the likes of C2C and N3 and others to find a notary - probably $50? Maybe more? I’ll take it!

Just a thought.

4 Likes

Thank you for your response! I a so surprised and angry for you that you haven’t received payment for work you completd for them. How would they know which email messages got o your SPAM folder? I do hope you get paid from them! Have you escalated your concerns to a attorney? If you perform the work as based on their expectations and I think they have a contract you have to agree to before accepting an assignment and you fulfill all of that they legally have to pay you. Even if the destruction request email is not done after you complete the I-9 signing, its a formality, and should not be a requirement for payment. I noticed their GM does not respond on the emails he i Cc’d on Have you received a response from him? Who is the person in Accounting? They really suck and don’t respond when you send emails to their Accounting email address. Please let me know how you turn out.

Great marketing idea @ LindaH. I’ll have to look into this! That’s a shame N3 has been lowballing/noballing since 2006.

Thank you for the heads up, I was contacted as well. I immediately noticed they were promoting a $200 I-9 training course. I9’s are self explanatory, it’s inconceivable to think someone would actually pay $200 to learn how to complete one.

Also have to be careful of location - California notaries cannot complete these I9s - maybe other states too, not sure. But I agree, they’re self explanatory - no need for a “training course” for them.

1 Like