National Preferred Notary?

Hi has anyone had any dealings with National Preferred Notary?
Waiting on payment…or even a return phone call on a signing I did November 13th!
I have called many times just voice mails. I have talked to 2 people and they both PROMISED they would call me back…but zip!
Anyone else?

Yes, I’m having the same problem. Mine was in September. Finally spoke with someone yesterday and said they had some computer difficulties and were working on fixing the situation. I got through by going to locating. Plus I emailed the woman that signed me for the signing and she also cc’d accounting to help.

Ok thanks. I will be contacting their local better business bureau. I got paid through the bbb before. It worked great. They send them a letter and time frame to respond. Next thing I knew I had a check in the mail.
I suggest you do the same. They could not have had computer problems since September.

I did one on Dec. 23 through SnapDocs. I got my check today without having to remind them. I allow two months limit on checks so it was adequate for me. I will take their business until I have a problem

Please go to NotaryRotary and look up this company. Use both the orange search button and look up the company in the Signing Central tab. You will find plenty of info which should help you make a plan for collection of payment. The BBB is generally not a good place to go for collections since they are a ratings company and most of the local BBB’s won’t intercede for any problems between companies. They will help the consumer, but you’re a company and not a consumer.

I did a signing for them in November and have not received payment yet. This is the second time this has happened with them. The first time it took 90 days to get paid. The second time they used Snap docs and I didn’t notice it was them until I accepted the signing. When I pointed out the difficulty I had getting paid the first time she assured me I would be paid in the 30 day time frame. Nearly 90 days later, again no payment.
I have e-mailed the Title company that hired them and recommended that they not use NPN, because if we don’t tell the Title companies, they don’t know. They assume we were paid. I have made repeated requests for payment, and I also let Snap docs know that this company is horrible to work with. It makes me angry that we go out, use our cars, gas, printers, paper and time and then they make us wait for payment. You know darn well they have been paid a long time ago.

Thank you I will look t Notary Rotary!
I did contact the BBB in their state. They did tell me they couldn’t help me “because NPN is not registerd with the BBB. We have sent them a courtesy letter on your behalf however”. Still have not been paid.
So their comment tells me that when I got them to intercept before for a different company they must have been registered with the BBB. I did get paid on that one.

Yes, I am also having trouble with them, I have emailed and called many times and no response. I have talked with Brenda and she says she is looking into it but need to talk to the accounting dept. (who is never in). My next step is going to the lender if I don’t here back from them.

I won’t accept work from them. There are too many negative comments on the notary websites.

Mail a letter, registered if you prefer, or send an email to any TC/SS and include a copy of the letter you have drafted to their Secretary of State/Notary Office asking the SOS to intervene. Tell the TC/SS you look forward to receiving their payment in 24 hours. It is amazing how quickly their phone and computer problems are resolved and how quickly the person that signs the checks gets back from vacation.

Respectfully,
Guy

Excellent! Great idea! But forgive my ignorance…TC/SS? SOS?

Title Company, Signing Service, Secretary of State

I had the same problem with them with no replies to emails or phone calls. I checked a forum from another site and one Notary’s suggestion was to call title. I didn’t want to involve title but glad I did. Title referred me to a manager at NPN and he said he’d address the issue of non-payment to me. Almost immediately, I received an email from accounting that a check and check # was in the mail. It took me three months to get paid and I won’t work with them again.

I too had to wait months to get paid. Same computer excuses and no returned calls or emails. That was a year ago. I don’t like being lied to so I will never accept work from them again.

Well I am happy to say I just receved my check from National Preferred Notary…What worked was contacting the escrow company, whcih was in this case Ravenswood Title (not sure where they are at). But Donna Facio, whom I believe is the owne, took my call, all the details of the closing and promised me she would email the owner or accounting of NPN everyday and CC me until they respond. She was great!
They responded the very next day with a “will check into this and get back to you”. (That was the first time accounting responded after countless messages sent myself). A day or so later we got a reply stating “I will reissue the check and mail today” “Reissue”…my A&^%!!!
No explanation other than that…
They are now added to my “no go” list!
Thanks for all your input…and if you are still waiting do contact escrow!
Now lets just hope the check clears my bank…Sigh…

Snapdocs doesn’t care if you get paid or not. They just want to make money off of the companies using their platform.

1 Like

I deal with NPN all the time and have had no issues. They pay the following month after the date of the signing job. You agree to that when you agree to do the signing for them. Example; you do a signing for them on January 20th. They will cut the check for that signing on March 1st. I totally enjoy working with them along with my full-time job and 2 part-time jobs (non-notary related). The work I did with them in 2015 allowed me to take a vacation out of the country last week by just setting aside the money I earned from NPN. Give them a chance.

I am relieved to hear that at least one person is having a good experience with them… as you can tell from the comments here that most people do not.
And as far as paying in 30 days that is totally standard with all of the other signing companies I have no objection to that… well frankly I do …but that’s another story. What bothers me is that it took them from November to April to pay me and likewise with others here.
But what’s even worse is their customer service and their refusal to even return phone calls and address any issues that do come up.
They are loser company and I will not give them another try and I suggest that others do the same.

Is it safe to assume that payment will be made but it may take up to 120 days from signing? Has anyone not been paid by this company. Something over six months let’s say. It would be useful to know

I have done two different jobs for them, between the two I was supposed to be paid 160.00. I have attempted to call every day for three days, I was told my check was sent out on the 1st of July, and i would be to me between 3-7 days. I have sent four different emails and no response, I have called and left messages and no response. Beware of working for NPN, after everything I have read its is impossible to get them to pay you. They found me on Snap Docs which has been great for the other companies I have worked for, not so much this one. All notaries be on the look out for this one because you most likely will never get paid for any work you do. Tomorrow I am calling the BBB where I live and starting a formal complaint about this company.