New Agent and SnapDocs is not assigning leads

Continuing the discussion from I am frustrated with Snapdocs:

I have what I believe to be a good profile and all the necessary credentials uploaded to SnapDocs. They have sent me 3 leads in the past 2 weeks. On all 3, I immediately responded that I was available and was not assigned to any of the contracts.

How can I get my first 5 jobs under my belt and get more leads? I have signed up with so many others as well and only got one assignment from SigningTrac.

Any advice is welcomed!!

In simple terms, too many notaries/not enough business. Demand down/supply high.

1 Like

Thank you, I couldn’t find any real data on whether this market was saturated but I am in Denver which has been booming. Do you recommend connecting face to face with local title companies?

You couldn’t find it because hard data doesn’t exist–just hype from people/associations, etc. trying to sell you something that’s gonna make you rich. Face-to-face MAY (keyword, that—may) work in large metro areas because a Title Co. might get overwhelmed with closings on any given day and like someone they can call in a pinch. But you do have to know your stuff and KNOW what they’ll want/expect you to do–exactly. In small towns w/local TCs, they just see me as ‘the competition’
and they are never ‘overwhelmed’. Dress very professionally, have business cards/brochures and bring donuts and you might get someone to talk to you.

Thanks again, all of that is very helpful. You are very kind for taking the time! I worked in hotel mgmt for 13 yrs and definitely know how to look and be professional. Wish me luck!

If you are going electronic certified, yes go to local Title Companies. You may be one of the very few that will still have a notary business IF the country goes E-sign. (Some of the states have already approved this, but many of us are working to have these laws recinded.) Title companies are pushing for this so they can have a notary sit in their office cubicle 8+ hrs a day and robosign (at minimum wage as an employee - after all, you are just “sitting and signing”). Suppport the removal of E-signings! Promote Personal Appearance for ID. Keep the Notary Business Alive!

Think back to when we were teenagers and seeking our first job. Did you have experience? When you finally were offered a job did you take that job so you could loose money? You may have only received minimum wage but you didn’t work to loose money. Now you have a business. Are you interested in accepting assignments where you loose money or earn less than minimum wage?

What did you do to impress your first employer and get hired? Perhaps you had a diploma and a high GPA. Perhaps other credentials like team captain, or even a team member. Perhaps you took extra credits, etc.

What do you have to offer that the occassional notary can’t offer? Have you taken classes that elevate you above the occassional notary? Notary 2 Pro offers Signing Agent training that is highly respected in the industry. Could you pass their course and use Carol and Barbara as references. Could that be like having a 4.0 GPA in the industry?

I encourage you to value yourself higher than Snap Docs valus you. If the value you set for yourself is so low that you can’t earn money at what you are doing there are companies that will help you loose money. Do you need friends/contacts like that?

Snapdocs has been great for me as I’m starting out. I know I will soon have to branch out and move away from Snapdocs, not all offers are where they should be but it has been great for getting my foot in the door. I’m glad I have been able to get a bunch of singings under my belt. I have done 40 signings in 6 months and 16 have been through Snapdocs. I’m in Austin, Texas.

spdev25, How can I support the removal of E-signings? I am certain that this is the wave of the future, as I am in Idaho and it was just legislated to begin in January, 2020. After the laws have been implemented, there is nothing that can be done, is there? I would like to do what I can if you have any suggestions.
Linda B

Well, my state slammed a new law in place about limiting GNW travel fees to IRS mileage only–which, of course, barely pays my car expenses and put no value on my time. This was submitted and passed into law in a week, despite the fact that I e-mailed EVERYBODY in the legislature about how this would NOT benefit the people who need it the most (elderly, disabled, people in hospitals, nursing homes, etc.). I then told callers I could not help them and WHY & urged them to contact their state rep. about how they felt about this.
For 2 years, this was the law, then–for reasons I will never know–my state changed the law again to allow a travel fee–& even my fee for notarization–to whatever amount was agreed upon by both parties. So, there is always hope.

However, now that it is an ‘untried’ law in your state, guess we’ll just have to see the kazillion problems we all see with this ‘brave new technology’ before we see laws changed. FWIW, I really don’t see eNotarization going away, but do think a lot of the early adopters will see some changes made in the future.

What you did is what every single notary needs to do when the hiring companies lower our fees to a Non-Livable Fee. Just say no. The problem comes when many are out there without expenses (living at home w/parents at their expense, using condo/apt community printers (theft), using a current job’s printer/copier (also theft). When these people get out on their own and have to provide the supplies on their own, they learn they do not make enough and generally are out of business. Some learn when they do their taxes and find out they did not actually make any money at all.

That being said, E-Notarizations may be here to stay after all. However, they have a long way to go to ensure the signer’s ID via telecom, or their willingness to do the transaction, and also to ensure the signer’s privacy. There is a thread on one of the FB Notary pages regarding the challenge of the law in California. I, for one, will not do a complete e-sign, due to these issues, even if it does become legal in Michigan. We have Hybrid signings, where disclosures are signed electronically, but the main docs are still hard signed, in person with a notary. I’ve done many of them and they work well.