New and trying to figure out which companies are good to work with

Anyone worked with Sky Closings? I started getting text from them right away. I am new and still trying to figure out who is good to work with

Skye used to be good, but I quit working with them when their payments started getting slower & s l o w e r. This is NEVER a good sign.

@normariggs, what signing agent training did you do? Part of the course should have been on marketing and where to find listings of companies to research and apply to.

Are you a member of Notary Rotary? I suggest you sign up there so that you can research Signing Central, which has a list of star-rated companies. I choose companies 4 stars or higher, but some people say to choose 3 stars or higher.

At Signing Central, read what other people say about the companies and make an informed decision. In other words, if you come upon a two start companies with low ratings and comments about slow and/or no payment, with some four stars sprinkled in about it being a great company, you might want to pay attention to all the negative remarks and presume that the few positive remarks might be planted.

On the other hand, if you find a company who has great reviews for paying on time and being reasonable, but a few comments thrown in about what a horrible company they are, it might be safe to presume that those comments are planted by people who did not like the company for one reason or another, or who did not follow company protocol for payment.

If you are researching on a company who approached you, a general internet search might bring up comments in notary forums, and Signing Central and the Notary Rotary forums are great for finding information on companies.

Also, remember companies who were good can go bad. The lists I received from my classes had some companies that were apparently well-regarded at one time but have stopped paying, or become slower at paying, so it’s a good idea to research every company you market to.

I no longer work for them. It took 90 days to get paid for my last closing . Probably won`t call me any ways as I filed a complaint with the attorney general in Ohio. 90 days is way too long to get paid especially when they state 20 days (working days they said). I reminded them that they are still way over their 20 working day payment. kauffman