New Notary Houston

I am out of Houston and new to this line of work. Would someone tell me what are the best companies to sign up with. I am ready to go to work but don’t want to waste my time. I would appreciate any help.

Before you start signing up with companies…and I say this based on your own statement that you’re new to this line of work AND in Houston - have you made arrangements with a local title company or attorney to use their facilities when required? Have you got that lined up? Certain loans in Texas, by law, MUST be closed in an attorneys office or a title company’s office (brick & mortgage actual physical location). I think the law on that has been posted here previously - the citation escapes me right now.

There will be nothing worse than getting signed up with companies, getting your first assignment and having to tell them “sorry, I can’t accommodate the requirements of your signing”. You need to get that taken care of.

That said…there’s a thread in this forum somewhere entitled “Best Companies” - do a search for that (magnifying glass at top right of screen is your search function) and there’s been a lot of input there about the good, bad and ugly of the business.

Good luck to you. It’s a rough time to break into this business as, from what I hear, even veteran signing agents are having trouble getting good, consistent, decent paying work. I wish you luck. Maybe your ability in Texas to do remote notarizations now will be your niche.

Best of luck to you