New Notary- signing agent

I’m trying to get work as a signing agent in Louisiana. I’ve contacted local banks but still no work. I get emails all the time about joining different companies for a fee. I don’t want to pay all these fees. Any advice on how to market myself would be helpful.

Well, you’ve taken the first step by adding yourself to Notary Café. Do likewise at NotaryRotary, 123Notary, and (if you know better than to accept the lowball fees offered) SnapDocs. Most of the work will NOT come from local companies, banks.
NEVER pay an individual co or signing service to be listed. Directories mentioned above are generally worth the fee.
Then using info, if available, from the Directories, start signing up with every DECENT co. you can find. It’s a lot of work, but worth it. Before you do that, you also NEED to do your homework and figure out what your fee for the various types of signings would be for every area you will go to because they will require that info. Note one size does not fit all.

3 Likes

Thank you for the useful information. It’s proving to be a challenge to get that first job.

1 Like

I have gotten 1 job so far. I became certified in October, and I missed about 3 jobs because they call from wherever and I didn’t pick up the phone, thinking they were spam calls. So now I keep my cell phone glued to me all day, but haven’t gotten any calls for 2 weeks. I made a flyer introducing myself to the local title companies as well. Hopefully my name gets out there soon.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the information.

You are trying to get yourself out there in a logical way, but this business is not logical. It does take months after you apply to a company to finally get on the rotation list. Don’t get discouraged. Email me if you want a mentor bodethenotary@gmail.com.