NNA recertification - why must we lose days?

I have to vent about this issue, after years of watching it happen.
Example: NSA Certification expires on 1/1. You pass the test on 12/15. Your certification posts as renewed… and now expires on 12/15. What the heck happened to 12/16 through 12/31? So the time you paid for the previous year - that full 365 days of certification - just evaporates? Nice way to support your hardworking members, NNA!

3 Likes

Yep. Cute trick. But what ever gave you the notion that they support notaries? It’s the other way around.

3 Likes

Wonder how much time it would take for Notaries to move to another provider and force approval by flatly refusing en masse to use NNA certification? I do get tired of the “victim” mentality.

2 Likes

Don’t use them. It’s so bad it’s like contracting with the devil.

The unfortunate issue that the NNA has a Monopoly on the industry. Most companies use only them to find us.
It’s in our best interested to be listed on their site.

1 Like

I personally look back at previous years to get an estimate on the processing time for the background screening and I submit it so that it will be completed on or pretty close to the day that my old NSA certification expires. I also don’t take the test until the day that my old NSA Certification expires, that way my new certification will begin right on or a day or two after my old one expires. Most of my work comes directly from title companies and they really don’t give a flying flip about the NNA NSA certification stuff. And I am OK if I am not “certified” for a day or two - honestly the signing companies that I work with will still use me, if they question my recently expired NSA Certification I let them know that I have already taken and passed the test and that I will have the updated certification in a day or so, I’ve never had a problem.
I am not going to give the NNA a dollar more than necessary or lose a single day of what I’ve paid for because of their sneaky shenanigans!

2 Likes

Good advice. My NSA certification expires in about a month in a half, along with other affiliated requirements needing renewal. I think I shall follow suit to maximize utilization, thanks for sharing.

1 Like