No signings in a year

I became a signing agent last July. Since then, I’ve had one signing that didn’t close due to fraud on the seller’s part. The signing agent gig is a side gig as I have a full-time job and going to college but the only requests I get from SnapDocs are very last minute and very, very low pay or, I get requests from quesitonable folks claiming to be closing/title agents using personal email addresses. Given the cost of E&O and the lack of work, am thinking of not renewing NSA certification and focusing on general notary work. Does anyone have any constructive advice?

2 Likes

the certification is not as important as the background check, get a NNA background check but don’t do the certification
keep that so you get good companies to use you, as in all Fidelity National Title … and their other companies.
I can help with that
909-525-8221
Lisa

1 Like

Defiantly sign up with other sites, Title 365, Amrock are all great to work with. Notary Cafe has a great forum called “Best Signing Companies”. Check that out and put some work behind it. Fill out the startup packets and you should be good. I would not give up just yet. Always ask for help.

3 Likes

Well…simply interest rates are UP, so volume is down…and you have no experience.

Thank you for the advice and names of other sites! Much appreciated!

Lisa

I have been a Notary Signing Agent, Just to get the background check from NNA. I do not mind getting the background, but with interest rate raising, I do not want to spend the money for the Notary Signing Agent.

If you can assist with the background check I would appreciate it

Liz

1 Like

send me your email addy
lisa@c2csignings.com
even with interest rates up, there are heloc and adjustable rate mortgages coming up.
we have more files now than a year ago.

Work harder to sign up with signing company all over the US. As long as the signer is standing on your states soil, you can do signings for any property across the US.
You need to build business, companies don’t come you.
You can make 6 figures. I have had many $1200. days, yes in one day. It’'s hard work, and managing your time.

Make yourself a promise to email 5 signing and/or title companies per day.

3 Likes

Do you have to get a Background Check every year?

1 Like

Yes to remain active on the NNA you have to have a background done annually. Some companies say it is not required, but those that use NNA as a reference you have to keep it updated annually.

Yes. Many companies require that you have your background check and E&O insurance updates annually and will discontinue working with you if it is not. This also includes Fidelity.

Good to hear that C2C has some increasing volume, Lisa!

1 Like

thank you for that. :sunny:

What is a standard levle of E&O coverage for signing agents? Some companies want you to have $500,000 but it is so expensive.

unless you are working with Provident Lending or their title company, get the lowest amount, in 18 years we have NEVER put a claim in. 1 signing agent did one time, and it actually paid for a NRTC. I was shocked.

1 Like

If you work full time AND you are going to college it doesn’t appear that you would really have the time available to devote to being a successful Notary Signing Agent. This is especially true if you have no experience or contacts in the industry. This job is often advertised / marketed as something easy to do on the side and make great money, but the reality is that it isn’t that simple. If you haven’t had any signings in a year I think that you should really reevaluate if this is the appropriate “side gig” for you. As you stated general notary work may be more appropriate for the time that you have available to invest in this venture.

1 Like

Do you repeat your list every month? Surely one can run out of decent title companies to email if you email 5 every business day…

Getting it all together, haven’t had time to market and actually start working at signing, as I am also an Enrolled Agent and I am getting busy this time of year. Plus, I have a successful mail order business that can often keep me busy - have 6 orders to ship in the morning. Possible I might be burning too many candles here…but I’m thinking what is mean to be will find it’s niche in my life. :slight_smile: If I can get the signings started well, I’ll hire someone to do my mail order business so I can focus on taxes and notary work.

Learn to market yourself through the NNA. Most of my assignments are through the NNN and recently the Notary Cafe referral sites. Complete the certified signing agent training and connect with companies such as Amrock/title source.

1 Like