Non "Scammy" companies

I am a novice in the profession and I am looking for a REPUTABLE national firm to contract with. I came across one that requires me to pay a fee. What are some good firms to work with? I dont have money to be SCAMMED.

Never pay a fee to sign up for work. These companies will only take your money an d list you on their directories, but never send you work.

Do a search here for “best companies to work for”.

Best wishes to you.

Stop looking at directories. National, reputable signing firms don’t charge to list with them. But they have requirements. FASS, Mortgage Connect, Amrock, MIS… they look for a minimum of a year’s experience and 100 successfully completed signings. With signings growing tighter, these companies compete by providing NSAs who meet a higher criteria for experience and ability to perform.

That said, the directory from which I receive the most value is signingagent.com, the NNA directory. I also get calls from my Notary Cafe listing.

2 Likes

Sign up with the NNA and get certified and background checked. This is a must. Even though the NNA send you lots of mail etc they are something you must do. The background check is important for most companies now.
Also, sign up with Notary Rotary. You can check on companies and their ratings there. This list has been so important.
I have been in the business for 28 years, 16 years as a mortgage underwriter. There is Snapdocs too but I removed myself from there because I didn’t like the lack of transparency and wasn’t getting any signings from them even though I would respond literally within 5 seconds. I also removed myself from 123 Notary. I had been on there for at least 12 years, but I didn’t like his business practices and received no business from it.
Remember that every region is different in regard to competition. The more competition, the harder it is to get fair pay.
If you need anything you may private message me as well.
Aloha and good luck.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your help and guidance!
Christine thank you for the offer. I will reach out, if I need further assistance. This is very nice of you.

Good Morning Everyone, even though I in my fifth notary commission, I also am a novice as to signings. I am not certified, but able to notarize loan documents. What companies will allow me to notarize loan documents until I am certified?