Notary Express Non Payment

I did a closing for them 8-28-19 and as of today 11-19-19 still have not been paid. Numerous emails have not been answered. This is one of the worst closing I have had since 2005. Three trips to a motor home in a RV Park with a hurricane due - lots of rain and flooding are only part of what I experienced. Documents (CD) was back dated -etc.

Think twice before accepting any assignments!

1 Like

Ugh. I can sympathize. I’m currently chasing down Premier Notary in Port St. Lucie FL for a signing I did here in SoCal. A DISASTER signing. I posted about it here in a thread called “when a signing goes off the rails.” They were so nice and supportive, I thought for sure payment would be easy peasy. But they just started ignoring my emails and now it’s been 35 days, no payment. I called today and someone is “supposed” to call me back by close of business today. We’ll see.

Question for the experienced crowd. Is it ever ok to go to the escrow / title companies that these jobs were for? At least in a “tattle-tale” capacity (for lack of a better word) to say that this company didn’t pay you? I’m not contemplating that at this moment, but it does bring the question to mind.

1 Like

I also did a reverse mortgage closing for them on 8/9/19 and attempted to contact them but no response back. Funny thing was that I hesitated to take a signing from this company initially because of the contract terms but someone named Steve Stosen claiming to be the owner was real quick to get back to me calling me to convince me into signing the contract and accepting the assignment.

1 Like

Never worked for Notary Express. However, I often work for Express Notary, and can vouch for them. Payments every month, good support via email.

I have contacted Title/Escrow when a company did not pay me. The Title company will not pay you, but they will reach out to the signing service on your behalf. You can also look at other media outlets and contact the owner of the company directly. You must also be persistent.

1 Like

This is in response to a_saye_notary. 35 days is too early to contact title or escrow. Most of the signing services are more like 45 days and some 60, which really is ridiculous because the check to them is cut when escrow closes.

2 Likes

I’m right there with you bro! I have 2 jobs I am still trying to collect for. One I did in April of 2019 and the other was in June of 2019. I have made MANY calls to no avail. I have sent MANY emails requests, and sometimes get a response such as, they will follow up on it, or sorry the check will go out this week, etc. I can tell you from LONG experience, delayed payment is standard practice with them. If you hound them enough you will eventually get paid, but you may have to put it on next years tax return.

2 Likes

My last job took like 65 days to get payment. That was after several calls. Evidently they dump all of their information on notaries such as background check, E&O, Notary certification, etc. on a yearly basis. They will accept you and hire you but then they won’t pay you until they get all the updated information. I would email accounting@notariesexpress.com and see if that is your issue. As part of their confirmation (many sheets) it may say in there that they need updated info. That MAY be why you aren’t being paid. I would continuously call and email to get it moving. Personally I doubt I will do another assignment for them based on my experience. Good luck.

1 Like

I finally got paid. Lots of effort. They have called me twice to do signing for them and that gave me opportunity to vent to them. Not going to open myself up to happen again.

1 Like

It seems to be a really bad trend for these signing companies to take forever to pay. It’s very unfair especially when you know they get paid right away. When you are desperate for work, many of us will tend to take on signings from these shaky businesses only to regret it when we are still waitning to get paid for our notary service 3 months later mobile notary washington dc

2 Likes

I recently did a closing for Notaries express and was paid promptly. No complaints so far.

1 Like

I did a signing for LeJeune Notary and I sent invoives, left messages. When assignment came in I quickly looked up reviews and stated due to reviews of not paying I wasn’t excepting he assured me things were different he would het payment out. Unfortunately nothing no return emails, calls. He was even the owner I spoke with. Be careful if u get a call from Ron.

You are lucky. Never going to do work for them again, I don’t care how many times they call

For clarification, are we talking “Notary Express” or "Notaries Express, LLC.? I did a closing for the latter in late November that I haven’t been paid for yet. I’m looking for that payment this week. I just want to be sure we’re all talking about the same company before I start being concerned.

Do you have a contact for Express Notary? I’m waiting for an overdue payment and they haven’t gotten back to me.