Notary pool no pay

i did a closing on 04/11/2017. did not do my research before doing a closing for them via snapdocss… tried calling accounting and they claim someone will get back to me. after multiple attempts i called the owner and he claims he is getting a loan in one week to pay everybody off. It seems as if he told someone that same that he is pulling money from his 401K. That is bullshit as it does not take months to pull money from a 401K.
I wish i had the title company number to call to see if they paid him already which i am sure they have as they have a legal requirement to disburse immediately after closing occurs. Guys he is throwing smoke up your you know what.
I am getting out of this business. To many signing company not paying after you have done hard work for them. Apparently he is saying the same shit he told people from january 2017. It is now september 2017 and he is saying the same excuse.

Sorry to hear - I did however get paid, it took some time. Please keep us informed of the problems with signing companies. I also in the moment get will accept an assignment form a company new or haven’t worked for. I would love an up to date resource for insight on companies. We shouldn’t be learning the hard way!

I did a closing for the Notary Pool at the end of August. I was told that I would get paid sometime in September. I guess I should not hold my breath. It was for $50.00 and I did not drive a long distance and the package was small. But I still would like to get paid.

My New rule of thumb now is if someone call me or via snapdocs and the fee meet my requirement i will take the order so i do not loose it. After taking the order i will go to the internet and do my due diligence. If i am not satisfied with the review that i see on the company i will simply call them back and refuse to take the order. I will have no problem telling them the review i see on the internet. Let some other fool do it. Not anymore. I have been burnt enough with signing companies.

1 Like

Do not hold your breath. THE ONLY way I finally got paid was to tell him I was calling the Escrow company. He will rip you off if not!

All closings are funded within 3 days of closings in Texas so yes he has been paid
I just took a job think I’ll cancel

You should cancel. You will not be paid. Let them know what you see on the internet. I had taken one and have not gotten paid. Im so sorry i had not checked them out on the internet first

I canceled the Monday closing based on all you guys so a big THANKYOU I don’t have time for shady business I sent snapdocs an email and got a reply which they copied the Notary Pool in and said they don’t get in the middle of agents and their money
Money is the root of all evil so I guess birds of a feather stick together
But I won’t be swimming in that POOL the water is dirty it seems

1 Like

Believe me you did the right thing. You would not have gotten paid like the rest of us. I hope that we all become informed of what these signing companies are doing. The funny thing is Notary pool is not the only one doing it.
I know of a company called American signing that walked away with over 105,000 from not paying their notaries.The owner is a one man shop, turned around filed bankruptcy so as to avoid you harassing her. she worked out of a one man small office where maybe she was paying $400 per month in rent. How does she gets away with all that money by filing bancruptcy. Sickening
I will now due my due diligence before i ever take a signing form any new company. If i see a trend where you pay me too late. That’s a sign for me to back off. There is no reason for you be getting paid two or 3 month later when funds from a closing is disbursed the day of closing or 3 days after closing. I work very hard to do a closing, rushing my ass offf and getting every thing done in a certain time frame, getting low-balled fees and then on top of that i have to be playing collection agency for months just to see if i may or may not get paid. Not worth it. Thank God i now only accept reputable companies that pay the fees i request, 150-200. Minimum i take for any closing is $100. Even if its a loan application.And they pay on time. Maximun time is one month.IF i have to be calling you to get paid. I drop them immediately.

Im sorry to hear you guys were stiffed by Notary Pool. I did a couple of closings for Notary Pool and got paid with no issues. Guess I got lucky, but thanks for the heads up. I will keep this in mind for the next time, if there is one.

Great. Guess I shouldn’t hold my breath on the money they owe me from a signing I did a couple months ago. Thanks for sharing. Adding them to my growing list of companies I no longer work for.

I still haven’t been paid for my a signing I did for Notary Pool back in June. I’m new as a Signing Agent and this was my 3rd assignment. It’s beyond frustrating not getting paid especially when you’re just starting out. Thankfully to you all here (I love Notary Cafe!) who have given great advise on whom to contact, etc. I was able to get a reply after several emails, calls, messages, and sent invoices. The last email I sent, I copied and pasted Notary Pools policy for compensation to the email, and stated that my lawyer is aware of the situation and if payment isn’t submitted that my lawyer will be contacting them. The next business day I got an email stating that my payment will be sent on the 11th. Now, I’m not holding my breathe on this check being submitted, since my last check from them was emailed to me. Thank you all for your advises and tips!

I finally received my payment in Mid November from my August signing.

Don’t give up I felt that way and have given up at one time I have done research and revamping my business. We are business professionals and have to let companies know upfront what is expected of paying for our services. They need us as" Professional Certified Signing Agents" we have to go through background checks, pay dues, insurances etc… That is very expensive so for now on they are no exceptions to settle for less. Our notary acts are very important and serious in order for the clients and organizations to get the funding and have transactions completed in the right way, They have to pay a reasonable fee or I will just say no to the appointment. It’s just that simple!!!