Notary Rotary? Just a store or real?

I keep getting messages from this Company that my credentials are expired, which they aren’t. I have never received a job from them, but they sell plenty of stuff. Anybody else with this experience?

Are you sure you mean Notary Rotary? I’ve been a member there for 11 years and have never received a notice like that. I’ve received this message from other listing services but never from NR.

Notary Rotary is a listing site who also provides supplies and insurance for notaries. It is not a signing company.

1 Like

NM- changed my mind.

1 Like

NR is good for many things, and I like SC as a resource, but the forums are dominated by a group of 12 or so, and they can be pretty darned vicious. I poke my head in once in a while - cautiously - because together they have like… 150 years… of invaluable experience they will share if one grovels humbly enough. But then I clear out and head back here.

2 Likes

I’ve received that message as well, Megagain, though my membership at NR is current and my credentials are all valid.

I get that message from time to time if I do not visit the site in 6 mos or so. I typically login to my account, modify my acct in some way (usually modify my address from Drive to Dr. or vice versa) to effectuate a change and I’m good for another 6 mos. I have the free membership.

We have never gotten a job from them. They are eliminating their basic membership and only going for the paid memberships. I don’t know if they actually ever assign signings. Because of that we will not do the fee membership.

NotaryRotary is a Directory and excellent forum that still has free basic membership. Yes, you do have to log in so the database doesn’t become stale, but, if you frequently login to the forum, you are automatically ‘updated’. And, yes, they also do offer much in the way of notary supplies–seals, insurance, even toner.

However, the Notary ‘search’ feature defaults to a 30 mile radius (which can be manually re-set to 50 miles). Altho’ I’ve been a basic member since its inception, due to the mileage limit, I rarely get any business from there.

Despite that limitation, it is the best site for getting a free reality-based education (from the ‘school of hard knocks’) and Signing Central–where companies are subjectively rated by notaries-- is absolutely invaluable to avoid non-payment and gain some insight into the companies that may call you. Someone mentioned earlier that a guesstimate is there’s 150 years of experience feeding that site—wrong—I, alone, have 25 years experience (and still learning) and I’m not the most prolific poster there. My guesstimate would be ‘thousands of years’.

And, yep, some members can be rough on newbies (and other members, for that matter), so my advice would be to just read it daily for quite a while and educate yourself before you make your first post. And use Signing Central…always.

3 Likes

Great Company to deal with !! Got lots of jobs…Love it, Love it!!!

I’ve been with NR for several years, I started with the free basic, now I have a paid account. I like the service, and the business. I agree sometimes it can get vicious on NR sometimes but that’s the passion of the business. I’ve learned from those with 150 yr experience.

I’ve been with them for almost 20 years now, and I’ve never regretted being a member. I’ve gotten numerous jobs through them, and invaluable information to improve my business, and self as a signing agent, and Notary. They are a professional, and legitimate company to do business with.

They help me to built my business, lots of god information from people that has been in the business for long time, got lots of jobs from them.

Has anyone recently received work from any companies through the Notary Rotary premium (paid) service? I tried that for a month in 2015, didn’t get anywhere, so I cancelled it. Just wondering if there are signing agents regularly working with that platform. It looks like it was designed a very long time ago…

Notary Rotary is not a “platform” - it’s a listing site with a database of companies developed by notaries to help each other keep abreast of the good/bad/ugly. NR is an advertising site only with a side offering of supplies, insurance, education and, of course, the forum.

Your paid listing there put you up top of the list in your zip - as a basic member you’re down the bottom of the list…and depending on the number in your immediate area you could well not show up at all or be so low on the page hiring parties never get far enough down the list to get to you

1 Like

NR is a great “directory” - it is not a signing service. I have been doing this since 2003 - and have been a member since 2003. I love the forums - and I do get calls from Title Companies and SS stating they got my information from NR.

I’m a new notary trying to get business and make a name for myself and market my company. I heard about this directory, NotaryRotary.com, that supposedly helps new notaries get signings. So I signed up for the free Notary Rotary account on April 12, 2021, but I wasn’t getting any calls. So I thought I should pay for the yearly $99 membership fee which they say puts you at the top of the directory list and will give you more business and more calls from signing companies looking to hire notaries. I paid the $99 fee on Sunday April 18th, but after I signed up for the membership I noticed that I still was not getting any calls, no action, no views, the only person viewing my profile was me. I was do disappointed, I had just given these people $99 of my hard earned money, which is a lot for me as a struggling new business, and it was for nothing! They promised me that I would get business and I got nothing. I’m just $99 poorer. Thus, on Thursday April 22nd, I called them to cancel and no one answered, I called back a second time and a man named Sam asked me why am I canceling? I told him I don’t believe in the service and I want my money back, I’m not getting anything out of it. He seemed kind of hurt, upset or offended that I was canceling, but he said he will issue a refund in 2 days. But the way he said it seemed sarcastic, deceitful and disingenuous, he sounded like he was lying to me and telling me whatever I wanted to hear just to get me off the phone, I knew then that I was not going to get my money back, I had been scammed. Plus I found it hard to believe, because I’ve never gotten a refund in 2 days, but he promised me that he would do a refund in 2 days and send me a refund receipt right away. I never got the refund nor the refund receipt, I called back the next day, Friday 04/23, the owner Tracy Schumacher answered the phone, when I told her I was calling about my refund, she started to rush me off the phone saying they are busy because it’s Friday and they are handling mail but they will take care of it. She told me she needs to pull up my account but she will get the refund done. I asked her, how can you pull up my account if you don’t know who you’re talking to, you haven’t asked me name or anything? She said they have my phone number saved and all my information but she can’t talk now, she has to go to UPS and then she hung up the phone in my face. So I’m still waiting for my refund receipt all weekend long and never get it. I emailed her on Sunday, she emails me back on Monday 04/26, tells me that they have 10,000 customers that they are servicing and making successful so they don’t have time to deal with my problems, but they will do my refund when they get around to it (this is a terrible way to do business) then she tells me that they have a no-refund policy and I was told on the phone with them that they have a no-refund policy and it was a recorded line. She’s a liar, because no one told me that the line was being recorded and by law you have to tell someone that you’re recording them and no one told me that. There is a no cancellation policy, Sam did not telling me anything about it and Tracy Schumacher the owner did not tell me anything about a cancellation policy, their website also did not advise of a cancellation policy at the time of sale. She claims she will refund me, but she refuses to send me a refund receipt showing me proof that a refund has taken place. She’s lying to me, I still have not gotten my refund yet nor the refund receipt by email. I’ve been asking them since Thursday April 22nd and today is now April 27th, after 5 days of chasing these people, I cannot get one simple email just to show proof that a refund has taken place! These people are criminals! They are scam artists! They take your money and run off with it! They prey on new notaries trying to make a name for themselves. They tell you that you will get so many signings from signing companies and people looking for notaries and signing agents, but it’s all a lie and a ponzee scheme. They take your $99 and nobody calls you, you could be listed in your whole state or several states and nobody will call you to offer you a job. So far it looks like they’ve ran off with my money and I had to file a dispute with the bank. These are not legitimate business people they are not kosher. So after 3 emails and five or six phone calls which only two were answered I still don’t have a refund or proof of a refund. I will spread the word out, never do business with Notary Rotary INC.

1 Like

I’ve been on that site for 15 years - they have NEVER promised to get signings for notaries - they allow you to establish your profile and give you the exposure you need to be found - and as a premier member you get discounts on supplies and other services. However, Notary Rotary has never in 15 years been a site to promote your business for you. They do provide the Signing Central area for YOUR reference so YOU can research companies who use mobile notaries/signing agents and who are G/B/U to work for. But the do not promise to get you work.

I’m sorry you’re having this problem (and no I don’t work for them) - but this is just so unlike anything I know about them. Personally, I think if you’re going to slander/libel a company like this you could have the courtesy of doing it on their own forums. At least give them a chance to defend themselves publicly as you’ve condemned them publicly.

JMO

1 Like