Okay, I am insulted

just isn’t enough money out there for it. Not gonna do it, wont do it and someone else can kill them selves for whatever price they put on their life. Good for them God bless their family and loved ones that they put at risk for a couple hundred bucks if that. What is the new catch phrase- Thought and prayers

so your life and whomever you have contact with is worth min 300? Sweet. Take care, be safe and I hope you get thousands of signings and don’t get sick.

Beware the price gouging laws in your state. Just sayin’

2 Likes

Simpliy ask, how many notarization are there within the document?

Refi’s (in Florida) average about 11 notarization’s, Seller Docs about 8. Florida allows you to charge $10.00 per notarization, you may also include your traveling fee. If you haven’t been doing so previously, you should ask or estimate packet size to estimate printing cost, mileage for driving ectt; and yes they’re ways of determining these expenses. If after all these thing you’d like to add a hazard duty fee, well be my guess just be consistent with applying it.

This is funny. Some of companies go from $75 up to $ 350 after I counter offered them. Everything under $120 is wasting your time. Just don’t accepted.
Stay safe all of you.

3 Likes

Best reply to low offers is the response – Another company offered me more to take theirs instead. Realtors do this all the time why not notaries?

3 Likes

I am a newer Notary, having received my commission in September, here in California. I had a commission several years ago, but went on a 30000 mile hiatus. So I have been accepting the $85-90 assignments. I have done enough closings that I’m familiar with all of the documents, except the screwball ones that every title company feels the need to include. I am still working, but will not accept anything under $100, and that’s only if the borrower lives within 2 blocks. I am starting to get orders in the 125-130 range, from brand new companies (to me)which for me is an upgrade. As the situation drags on, more people get sick, more notaries drop out, I’ll be charging more. The appearance of new agencies indicates to me that notaries are in shorter and shorter supply.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, it happens in every single profession.

Does anyone know any companies that are going to pay the going rate for RONs @ $25/notarization - times 11 or times 8? This is a good point to keep in mind, all you new-to-the-business folks wondering if you should take the plunge into RON. Companies now offering $75 - $85 - $90 for a refi are sure as heck NOT going to agree to pay full allowable fee for a RON notarization…or multiple notarizations.

Why not? Title and Escrow just rolls the cost to the borrower. Signing companies will be delighted to charge that much… oh, wait. You mean, will WE be seeing those increases? Excuse me, I have to stop and clean my monitor screen. I choked from laughing so hard.

2 Likes

LOL…okay there Judi - you had me worried - was going to ask you to please multiply 25 by 11 and tell me what company in what universe will pay that cuz I’m all in!! LOL

That’s only $275. Ivannotary says he’s getting $350. (I have a straight face while I’m typing, really.)

1 Like

Don’t forget the signing agency/lenders who say ‘there’s not enough money for that fee’, completely disregarding that notary fees are itemized in the CD/ALTA documents.

HWB.

I feel blessed. April is not over yet and I have completed 53 signings all came from title companies. No time to take anything from signing companies this month. Sorry. I’m busy. Lowest $120 highest $300. 100% paid up within 7-14 days max from these title companies. Nobody owes me longer than 2 weeks! I hope to complete 60 signings by the end of April. I’m already booked for the 1st 2 weeks in advance for May. :innocent::pray: Thank you God.

7 Likes

Way to make lemonade!

Ok, I just received a notification from signature closers offering $80 refi in evergreen CO! :joy: LMAO. Very funny guys. Good luck finding a notary to do it for that! I get paid between $250-$400 to go there. These people don’t know the area and they think it’s just an easy drive! But it is actually an up and down the steep sloped hair pin roads in the mountains where you can lose your brakes or fall off the road in one trip. Not to mention no cell service, so if you get in trouble you can’t call for help. Ugh.

1 Like

Yup. Getting a lot of those way out in the boondocks, last minute signings. Come on, people, just offer a reasonable fee up front and save those of us still working the bellyaches from scornful laughter before we accept another offer.

3 Likes

Just pray for them, and keep doing you. I had a service do a switch on me. I okayed a signing that started as a couple pages and the borrower had the package. I was headed in that direction for another signing and figured I could do a quick drive-by in 15 minutes. The day before I got an early morning secure message with a package attached. I was called and told the order had changed and they offered a $10 printing fee. I canceled right away and wished them luck!

1 Like

Totally understandable!

1 Like

Hi ! I’m a newbie in Texas . Does anyone know what a decent rate for me to accept would be ?

1 Like