Okay, I am insulted

Outside closings in 20 and 30 degree weather are brutal that is an additional charge of $200. It’s worse when they don’t inform you of doing it outside until you arrive, which leaves you no time to prepare.

1 Like

True. The way I look at it, if I can get the same fee to not print, not leave my house and not do scanbacks, that’s smart business. I am currently trying to get started, just got my authorization this week. I will update…

Have not been subjected to that yet. What do you do when the wind blows? That’s too much!

For wind - rocks, paperweights.

1 Like

This whole fee fiasco is insulting! They pay peanuts while they take $400 closing fees and all the while they give no earnest effort to pay us for any cancelations after we have already prepped, printed and put in our time and resources. We should not have to ask to be paid for cancelations that cost us money. I guarantee you that they are still paid their fees. It infuriates me to no end!!!

2 Likes

Janeice, you have to understand that the $400 closing fee you see on the CD is title company/attorney fee - and that fee involves a lot more than just send docs to the SS or notary - it involves title search, title review, title commitment, document review, clearing title, issuance of title insurance, , and all the liability that goes along with all of that.

2 Likes

I feel ya on this topic. My area is saturated with a good majority that take the peanuts ($30 - $65) for closings. It makes it incredibly difficult to make a decent living being a mobile NSA when the field is saturated and a vast majority of NSAs don’t give any push back on all the low balls. It’s like this, the industry will never change as long as nothing changes.

Okay, I hear you. Still. It’s upside down for us.

woo chileeeeee. I had one yesterday. I told the person if there is no coat in my trunk we won’t be able to complete this. Contacted company and said I will need an additional $200. The wind was blowing and it was 35 degrees. I literally canceled all other closings and haven’t answered the phone today. I am over it. I have had 2-3 people a week request outside closings. I had one guy and his wife try to do 2 loans at 6pm (no sun) in 27 degree weather on his unheated/unlit deck. I respectfully declined and left.

Can you email me as well. I want to know if I can get these fees in Texas. cnewton610@gmail.com Thank you!

Here’s a thought; how about you guys note what state and or city you are writing about. It may make it easier to evaluate what we should be getting for fees.

2 Likes

When I started, I worked on $60 for 2 weeks. Only two because wanted some experience. When someone asks me how to get in this business, I am telling them that 2 weeks they will move the air for experience, then they should change the provider. $60 can’t cover your expense or max you are working $5 per hour. No such rate in the USA.

Supply and demand.
Dang.
I’m new and refuse to “play” for anything less than my minimums.
Currently in discussion (read: trying not to use my mom voice) with CPS over a signing from 3/26. Offered $80. I said I’d do it for $115. Turns out, it was 200+ pages with many docs repeated and not in any specific kind of order, plus signer’s home was 30 minutes farther than stated, and it became a rush job because of when I finally got the docs. Told them I need more.
I can work for peanuts doing a whole lot of other jobs that don’t age my car with excess mileage.

1 Like

nothing below 175 for me unless its very short