Paid twice for same signing?

I received a check in the mail yesterday afternoon for a signing from Satellite Signing Services. I thought however it was odd because I remembered receiving and depositing one last week. Double checked my files and yep, already received payment for the assignment ( only had done a couple for this company) Problem is I tried 2 different numbers to contact them at and no answer and no voicemail set up! Is it okay for me to just shred the check?

I would not just shred it - it’s still an outstanding expenditure on their books (if they keep books) - I’d send it back with a short note - let THEM shred/destroy it - would also send an email letting them know you’re returning the check…

1 Like

Yeah, I would take a picture of it and make a note that you’re sending it back and also call and email them until you get a hold of them to let them know. They will appreciate your honesty.

Thank you VIPnotaryCO, I made a scanned copy of the check (wrote COPY on it in red), to keep in my file and then mailed the original back with a note letting them know I had tried to contact them and that this was double paid.