Parardise Settlement & The Notary Co

Did a closing with 422 pages in Feb. with No payment. After numerous contacts with them Dawn at TNC, Brandon at Paradise in TX they have refused payment and he Threatened me with a lawyer for harassment. REALLY>>>>>>>>
I can’t get anything out of them for explanation except her screaming at me on the phone after the closing about a missed signature on a Duplicate form. I won’t go into the whole story but I did volunteer to go back and try to get the client to sign the form that he had previously Refused to sign.
Very unprofessional processes for closings and unrespectful.

I’ve done perhaps a dozen quite a few years ago for TNC. As they are a ‘no fund/no pay’ company, I always got a written (e-mail) Agreement that full fee is due me regardless of outcome or find another notary. They have agreed and I was always paid, tho’ my records don’t indicate any ‘incomplete’ signings, so it was never put to the test. Haven’t had a recent call—maybe because they didn’t like my ‘full fee regardless’ position.

Because of the missed signature and a document the signer refused to sign, sounds like it was an unpleasant experience for all involved. Nevertheless, I feel it’s only fair that adequate compensation is due you for the printing and trip. Just a thought–when you don’t get paid, what you get is experience. Bet you’ll never do this again!

What kind of a signing was it to have 422 pages? I have had big packages before but never close to 422 pages. I personally would continue calling them and if they threaten with a lawyer for harassment I would say “bring it on” because you have no leg to stand on and it will cost you a lot more than just paying me my fee. There are other ways to collect money also. I don’t recall the specifics but I have heard some notaries use some collection agency that has good results. Also I would contact the BBB and make them answer to your claims and I would also call the Attorney General. I am not sure how much you are owed and maybe you just want to let it go as “experience” but I would pursue it and make their life miserable. I have never heard of this company and thank you for the information as I will avoid them in the future.

You might want to hire and Private Investigator to track the principals down to there home addresses and have a “lawyer” letter sent cert return mail to start

Contact the title company, the threaten to put a lean on the Borrower’s house. Also call the lender over and over again, until Parardise pays you. I had a signing company refuse to payment on a perfect signing, no errors. So I call the title officer at First American Title, until the owner of the signing company called me and paid me. She did want to loose her account with First American Title. Signing company was SoCal Signing now Coast2Coast Signings. Good news, I hear they no longer do signings for First American.

Just be a pain in their A**.

Bill