POA question POA- Am I mistaken but with a POA both parties have to be present? I am getting POA notary request where the client is giving a company permission to act of their behalf? Am I missing something?

POA- Am I mistaken but with a POA both parties have to be present? I am getting POA notary request where the client is giving a company permission to act of their behalf? Am I missing something?

A POA gives the designated person the right to sign for the absent person through an affidavit which I always request to see. And the original may be required by the title company. The grantee is not present. Usually the signing service or title agency will let you know how the signature should look - it is usually something like (in cursive) Jane Doe by John Doe Attorney in Fact. (Jane being the absent party),

The POA is in place, Because one of both parties cannot be present at the signing, so to answer your question, your only signing with the person given the power to sign for the absent party. I’m not sure how it works with given a company POA, does that mean any employee or officer of the company can signing for the absent party??

All the POA I do, are for a specific person, not a company. Tell them you want to see a copy of the executed POA before you do the signing, to see who name got authorization on the POA.

Good luck.