Porch Signing... in northwest Washington?

Thanks, Sinath. I can understand how you feel. I know other NSAs who have made their personal decision to stop signings and just stay home. I am fortunate in that I don’t rely on these signings in order to put food on my table. But I am still accepting assignments right now because notaries are fulfilling an essential need. We must still be smart about it. None of us would intentionally walk into harm’s way by deliberating accepting an assignment where we have been warned in advance that signers have admitted to being sick with fever. We would never deliberately risk passing that on to our loved ones at home or on to other families, right? It is too great a risk. There is too much at stake.
The last several signings I have received, the borrowers have told me that their loan signing should have taken place the day before, except that their scheduled signing agent flat out no showed on them. I cannot imagine under what circumstances I would ever deliberately no show for a signing assignment that I accepted. Unacceptable. A call. A text. An email. COVID-19 pandemic or not, there is just no excuse to leave borrowers hanging like that.

Wishing you and everyone continued good health. I am so grateful for forums like this.

2 Likes

You are right. I also think we have a lot NSAs stopped doing it. I’ve been bombarded with signings. Today I turned down a $150 refi and $250 refi for Monday signings because I am fully booked:( Max I can handle is 4 a day! I can’t squeeze in anymore than that:(. Sorry, I tried to help keep the financial wheel turning but I can’t do it all:(. :scream:

2 Likes

I hope you reported them to the title company

Oh, you poor thing. I feel so bad for you. Ugh. Dogs are being treated better than us:(. Ugh

Ok, that’s it!, I’m wearing my hazmat suit to work next week!:joy:

1 Like

I can see it now, SinathJ: Slow heavy treads up the porch stairs (picture the scene in E.T.), a thudding knock on the door, a timid homeowner peering through a narrow crack. A sepulchral voice intones, “Mr. Jones.” The homeowner turns pale, but nods bravely. The fearsome form starts forward again. " I… am… THE NOTARY!"

1 Like

Snort Escrow had the nerve to be angry because scanbacks weren’t completed within two hours - two hours! - of the appointment time.

Given my response (I was not profane, but I must admit to being incensed) when they called me demanding their scans, I do not think I will be working for them again.

They got scans as soon as I got home, even before I got dry and warm. That was the best I could do, which is always what I give clients.

1 Like

Unbelievable…Ugh

LMAO. Lol :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Did a signing at a long picnic table outside, in misting rain, 40 degrees and windy. What a mess, non borrowing spouse signed everywhere, gave them blue pens and they kept picking up their black pen and they kept running back in the house to take care of 3 kids. Yup, never again.

2 Likes

Can anyone believe those Snapdocs offers STILL coming across for $75 or $85? Those of us still working are swamped with offers. Does any signing company really think those rates will be accepted right now? We are out here risking our health to keep the industry going. At least provide a decent rate!

5 Likes

Triple it for “porch” or “curb” signings.

4 Likes

I don’t give a crap about anybody’s “two hour” time frame. It might be a 45 minute drive. Or whatever. Are you going to pay me now, or do I have to wait till it’s convenient for you. I’ll get back to you when I get back to you. Don’t like it? Hire another notary. There’s a reason that I’m so busy I turn down assignments 4 to 1. I’m good, and I do things my way.

3 Likes

I am totally with you! Normally we are treated as though we are the scourge of the industry, yet now that the coronavirus is here, they actually appreciate us! And how do they show it??? By offering us bottom dollar deals!!! This is where supply and demand comes in to play. I am not going to risk my life and my family’s life to make a $100. That is that! Don’t let them get away with low balling us so they can close a deal. If they were so worried about closing a deal they would pay a lot more than $100 or $200. People-have boundaries!! I do, and guess what? The cream rises to the top. I would rather stay home and do nothing, than get ripped off by these signing companies.

4 Likes

Well said!!!:raised_hands:

With all due respect to the consumers needs, I give them three options: indoors in the garage or their home or outside in their yard or porch must be covered. I will not perform a DoorDash Signing PERIODT!!! After discussing the protocols regarding health and safety check for COVID-19 I set the ground rules. In any of those environments I am required to have a clutter free workspace area that is completely sanitized chairs included I will provide gloves as needed I will sanitize all of my working tools in their presence and have all of my necessary disinfectant whites etc. present. I supply them with alcohol wipes for their thumbprint for before and after their drivers licenses must be in a Ziploc bag so that I can freely inspect it and the secondary ID as well, And if they have a problem with it then I will let the hiring agency know They can get someone else. So far this has not been a problem for me in fact the consumers are absolutely comfortable with it as they are being assured of the necessary steps and measures are being taken.

2 Likes

@VIPnotaryCO, You are right standing and hunching over is so uncomfortable. In light of what we are dealing with we understand that no one wants to be sick but damm a little bit of consideration would be nice. For me I stop dressing up. I am still presentable but for the past few weeks and the signings conditions, I will not be in no SUIT AND HEELS. What has been working for me is this.
Prior to the appointment, I have then sent me copies of the ids
I prepare my journal in advance and have then signed all acknowledgment and Jurats
Then I give them the whole packet to go back in their home to sign but what I do at this time is face time with them and go through the document with the second copy while I am comfortably sitting in my car. This has been by far the best. I will not be signing on your trash can in your back yard or sitting on your dirty porch. Some of the signers have no consideration there don’t want you in their home but don’t make it easy. Fortunately for me, I have lucked out. Maybe you should try that approach I am sure all your clients would approve. I also make sure to have their entire documents send to them to make the process easier and faster. Follow me in instant gram if you have a page I share them on my story line. @she_getsitdone_notaryservices

@Carmen Thank for sharing. I send daily angles to travel with all my NSA, cause we deal with a lot. However at the end of the day its our businees and we have to run it how we see fit while still being professinal and safe.

@judikidd I dont leave my house for nothing less than $125 it can be one page just a mile away thats my fee.

1 Like

That’s right, I am taking a longer vocation. Good luck to you all and stay save. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did a signing yesterday in Northern California. Same thing, stood outside in 1 foot of snow for an hour. Then sat on a step under the house eve and went through docs, found docs out of order, signatures forgot. I definitely think we should get higher fees as we are the ones doing the hardest part of the signing.

2 Likes