Printers/scanners

try Xerox work center3325. May cost you a little bit more ,but you wont be burning out machines a fast… HP don’t make them like they use to… and yes the have where you can have a tray for both paper or choose to feed the letter by the bypass that’s what I do and its fast.

I have this same printer. I’m having trouble scanning though. I’ve downloaded the scanner driver and also tried the Brother ScannerApp but either only allow legal or letter. Do you know how I could scan so it chooses the correct page size within the PDF scan? Thank you for any help/advice!

If it’s for scan backs I usually do all on legal if its mixed paper size. If all letter size then I choose all letter

Thank you for this! I have an MFC-L5800DW and didn’t know I could add a tray!

Do you have the paper port app? also the company have a conceirge they walk you through every step
Also check your paper setting for auto
One other your scan setting —set on twain I was having problem scanning legal size and have since corrected them by these steps. Hope this helps

I have an Epson Work Force duel printer. I set it for actual size and my documents come out like they are sent. This way nothing gets cut off and I don’t have to load paper from standard to legal.

1 Like

I have used the HP Laserjet 400 MFP and it has been a great work horse. Scans, prints, copies (letter size only). Had to order the second tray to dual print but been an amazing machine. Just had to replace the rollers as they wear out. This is my 2nd HP work horse not bad for 12 years of business.

I like my setup. I have a Brother HLL6200dwt which is a very quick two drawer printer with large capacity (each drawer fits an entire ream of paper). I bought it on Amazon for 300.00. For scanning I have the Fujitsu Scansnap ix500 which I bought on Amazon for 400.00 It is fast enough to fax a 200 page loan package in about 10 minutes. (4 fifty page scans). The good thing is that it scans all size documents from receipts and checks up to legal size and scans both sides of documents, skips blank pages and scans them in color. If you charge extra for package scans you can use that money to purchase this scanner and there are no supplies to worry about. At closings I have the Vupoint Magic Wand which is a hand scanner for scanning drivers licenses and other ids if required by the title company. You have to attach to your computer but can print off the memory card without having to downloan the ids to your computer, if you want to keep the PC id-free. The cost was only about 65 dollars and I bought it about ten years ago at Sam’s Club. It seemingly is going to last forever. The best thing about having these different machines is time saving. I know I can print two large packages in minutes without havng to sort page sizes and scan whole packages without having to cherry pick the documents that are requested by the title company for scan back. I just scan the entire packages including the id and check without having to worry about anything not going through.

1 Like

I use Adobe Acrobat to print. Set to auto detect and there’s no problem printing legal and letter together

1 Like

I wish I had bought a Brother, at the time we had to get one, I just knew I didn’t want another HP. I worked in offices all my life and we always had lexmark printers as well as Zerox.

I have a brother 6200 tower has two trays $329 on amazon. Then I bought an Epson Es 400 scanner. Both work great.If you purchase a printer scanner together this costs over a thousand dollars. If you buy then separate it’s a lot cheaper I found.

I bought both my machines on Amazon. Two tray printer for less than 400 and a high speed scanner for less than 500 The scanner may sound expensive but they don’t wear down and scan double sided in color just as fast as a printer. I have the same 6200 printer and a Fujitsu scanner.

I didn’t check prior posts and apologize for the repitition

I will just offer that any new signing agent like I was last year thinking their large office-size HP Inkjet All-in-one printer will work fine for printing large sets of documents will be sadly disappointed the first big print job they get.

I made it through several smaller signings but the HP Inkjet choked on several jobs and it took me too long to get some larger jobs even started, let alone printed. One day it just completely choked on an extra large print job and I ended up having to print it at a title office. It caused me to arrive late at the client’s home which caused me to get the documents to the Fedex office too late to make it the next day. Big problem. I bought a Brother HL-L6200DW laser printer that next day and could kick myself for not having done so so at the beginning. It’s a beast that on a test printed the same job in just a few minutes that choked my large office-size HP Inkjet and caused me to lose two hours.

When mortgage or title companies ask if you have a laser printer, there’s a very good reason for that question. I love my Brother laser printer, it’s fast and am always amazed how fast it gets the jobs printed.

For a mobile scanner:

I just purchased an Epson ES-300W.

Here is why:
I got tired of driving home to do scan backs after an appt when I could have taken another appt.

This unit has an internal battery and internal wifi to connect to the android or iOS Epson smartphone app.

It is very small and folds up into a box shape. When needed, I open
it, power on, launch my phone app, initiate the scanner wifi and connect
to my phone, scan the docs to my phone, disconnect the scanner wifi,
upload or email the scanned docs, power down the scanner and off to my
nest appt.

All from my car. Saves much time and the scanner is very fast in
black and white mode (does color too). Has 25 page auto doc feeder.

Works great.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Me too, and it’s great, won’t do double sided fax. Works great, choose chose the auto select function on the PDF menu and with the 3rd tray it will automatically print all your docs. The 1st tray good for printing levels, 2nd for legal, 3rd (~$150) will hold a ream of letter/legal paper.

The thought of a mobile scanner intrigues me but my document counts are often well over 160-170 pages. So my worry is how big the .pdf file size that scanner produces since many organizations won’t accept anything larger than 20mb. My HP scanner’s file sizes were too big even at 200 dpi so I had to start using VueScan which produces much more reasonable file sizes without loss of resolution.

Jerry, the Epsom ES-300W that I have will scan up to 100 pages as a single file. It allows for different file types. I use pdf’s. When my scan exceeds 100 pgs, I break the docs into parts and do multiple scans. Then send back as “Part 1” and “Part 2”. Additionally, the Epson has an ID/Business card scanner slot in the front left and will scan a standard ID/DL with ease. If the parties have already made a copy of the IDs for me, I usually scan that as a color or grayscale image to get the best scan result and save that as a separate file. If the signing is a seller package of 30-40 pgs, I scan the ID and all docs as grayscale. File size at 300 dpi is usually about 7-10 mb. If the package is large, I scne the ID as grayscale and all other docs as B&W. with a 100 pg scan in B&W at 300 dpi, the file size is usually less that 10 mb. Hope this info helps.

According to my research, the Epsom ES-300 will only scan 25 pages at a time and is portable. Spend a few extra dollars on the Fujitsu Scan Snap ix500, I can scan 60+ pages at a time and keep adding pages until the entire package is scanned. If the package is over 25MB, my encrypted email server will not send it so I drop the entire package into DropBox and the program send an email link to the Lender, Escrow Company or Signing Company for review. VERY fast and organizes the files for you. Have had mine 2+ years…trouble free. You can scan to pdf, email attachment, file and on and on. A bit pricey at about $500 but is a workhorse. I can do a complete package of 100+ pages in 5 minutes…and as they say, “Time is Money”!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.