Query about A Step Above Signing Service, Angie Fletcher

Anyone else being treated like a redheaded step child by this woman? I’m tired of fighting her. I shouldn’t have to PROVE to her that she sent me a job for which she owes payment. But here we are. She’s “looking into it”.
If I’m lucky enough to get paid, I won’t be accepting anything else from her. Its ridiculous to have to wait a full 45 BUSINESS days before I can request payment, and then be told her records show she owes nothing.
I went through something similar months back, when she said she had sent payment, yet I never got it. She said she would resend it, and after the second request, she finally did. We emailed about how she was being vilified in these forums for nonpayment, and I assured her that I’m not one to post negative reviews unless truly warranted, and that I trusted her word and wouldn’t be posting negative comments.
But here we are.

1 Like

Just double check your records closely…not saying you’re wrong (well, maybe? LOL) - but there was a notary recently (not you) who came here and crucified a company for not paying - come to find out after all the back and forth, the notary actually had been paid - just logged it in wrong in their bookkeeping records. It happens.

Meanwhile, hope you get paid soon.

1 Like

Updating to add that she did remit payment today. Its just very frustrating to be told she already sent it, and thus is now resending it. Same thing happened last time. Claims it was sent, then 2 weeks later, still nothing.
Facts are facts.
If the electronic payment had glitched and not gone through the first time, the money would still be there, she would have some idea of it. She said her records indicated she had nothing outstanding. She also said 'if you emailed me, I emailed you back".
Not true.
And the salty way she replied back to me uncalled for.
I don’t feel it’s in my best interest to take her at her word anymore, however, as I said, she has paid now.
I have one more invoice that I can’t submit until the end of the month and after that, I’m done with that group.

5 Likes

Same thing happened to me. No matter how nice you are to her she still makes a effort to come off real rude like if that’s her life mission.
In every email I said please and thank you and she still continued to be cold and unhelpful and I have thick skin. Not much bothers me but her intent to belittle people shows I wasn’t the only one. My signing was in April. Got paid end of July after about 8-12 emails.

3 Likes

I had the same experience with her and it took me months to finally get paid. I won’t accept work from her anymore. Right now she is the only one on my “blacklist.”

3 Likes

Similar experience. I did a small signing for her (one of my first, actually). And after 60 days I sent her an email asking what was going on. She responded within 30 minutes and apologized. I got the check in the mail 4 days later. Don’t know about “Fletcher”, the surname I know is McCloud.

1 Like

Fletcher and McCloud are the same person I feel sure.

I tell companies.my invoice is due in /within 15 days …im paid by three signing companies that way now
It happens to be the way the pay anyway.
Any body taking me past 25 days…
i tell them there is a 3 percent surcharge…after 30 its 5%
There is no reason to drag us along …any work we did is reviewed and funded within a few days
Right??
So what gives them the right to hold our money 10-plus days ?or longer.?
Anybody being rude about it …gets it right back
I’ve only done about 250 signing this year so far. No errors
No problems …im not waiting for my money
Title companies and banks have told me they pay weekly and bi weekly
No reason for anybody to wait longer then that
Imho

3 Likes

I had the same experience! Did a closing for her in August and didn’t get paid until January! Angie had a bunch of excuses - she had been in the hospital; she was sure it had been sent; it must have been lost in the mail; etc.

Every time I contacted her about payment ( I did 3 or 4 for her) her first knee jerk response was to say it had been sent already, usually a day or 2 before my email to her. I know how electronic payments work, and that’s not it. lol I gave her the benefit of the doubt for some time, but now I that I’ve gotten my last payment owed, I won’t be working for her any longer. Not worth my time or trouble, to have to beg for money I earned, and certainly not worth waiting over 45 business days, which equates to about 6 weeks after having to ask for it more than once. My thoughts on the whole matter, ‘live and learn’.

1 Like

In my case, it took weeks of back and forth emails.

I think her ploy is to pay no one, and then see who notices. If you notice, she still doesn’t pay for several weeks… eventually coughing up the money after she sense’s you’re at the end of your rope. I wonder what percent of notaries never notice and she ends up keeping their fee? What an interesting business model. :rage:

Here are her responses, in case anyone else would like to see if the replies they received are just a copy-and-paste of the ones I received:

1. On August 23, I did the signing for Angie ( Angie-Astepabovesigningservice@outlook.com ). I was promised payment by September 22.
  2. On Dec 31, I wrote to Angie “I have not received payment.”
  3. On Dec 31, Angie McCloud wrote:
    This has already been sent I will send a copy once I’m in the office if not cashed I will resend if needed
  4. Later that day, Angie McCloud wrote:
    All checks have been sent I will send you the check number and see if it’s been cashed if not I’ll be more than happy to resend
  5. On Jan 3, Angie McCloud wrote:
    This was check number 3672 I do not see it was cashed however that account was hacked and closed I will re issue you a brand new check
  6. I called and spoke to her and she said that (a) she had been in the hospital, and (b) her checking account had been hacked (or some such nonsense) but that she would issue me a check the next day.
  7. On Jan 21, I wrote again: “Angie, another month has passed and I still have not received payment for this job.”
  8. On Jan 21, Angie McCloud wrote: I am not quite sure what you are talking about as your check was sent a long time ago. So please check your records or your spam or go to deluxe and retrieve your check and please don’t accuse me of not doing as I say.

I love the reaction in her last email. “I’ve been stringing you along for months, telling you payment had already been sent. Yesterday I finally emailed you a check; how dare you accuse me of not keeping my word!” :joy:

1 Like

:slight_smile: She’s original, at least. I dpn’t recall getting any ‘excuses’, only the insistence that each time, the payment had already been sent, ‘but I’ll check on it’. Notary life is hectic enough without us having to beg for our pennies. I’m staying away from her for my own peace of mind.

I am having the same problem with A Step Above Signing Service…won’t be taking any orders from them again. They don’t even reply to your inquiries for payment…very unprofessional.

She is a con as far as I am concerned. I had a return check from my bank from her. She said that has never happened before. It took her 3 weeks to replace it. I told her I was reporting her to the notary association and she said. Don’t threaten me
Never work for her.

Thank You, notary_dcook, for sharing your experience in detail. Helpful. Many already know about this company (including me). I’ve previously seen on the forums that she also goes by the company name Docs2U . . .

Agree 100% with isignnewyork:

1 Like

Redheaded??? WOW REALLY??? how discriminatory !!!

You know her comment was distasteful!!

Guess you’ve never heard that term before…it’s a tongue-in-cheek comment…I got it…apparently you did not.

This is an antiquated adage . . . Used to hear it quite a bit with the person using a sardonic tone of voice.

Reference this url: World Wide Words: Red-headed stepchild.

" The meaning of red-headed stepchild is clear enough: it’s used to describe a person who is neglected, mistreated or unwanted. The evidence shows that it was originally American; it has spread not only to Canada but also to the UK, though it’s unusual here and almost always appears in writing by Americans."

1 Like