Real Estate Settlement & Escrow, LLC

Good Communication with the Owner, Mr. Kazin

Question: Did you not call to confirm appointment in advance and confirm names of signers? (or is that what “appointment confirmed” means on SD platform.) - if this is the case, this was your first mistake - never go to a signing without making contact with signers and confirming names of those signing and whether they have good ID, among other things, including specific directions.

Since you did not complete the signing - if the signing was stopped as soon as the mistake was found, usually a trip and print fee is all that is ever paid. I hope you get your money but don’t blame the SS - if this is their policy (which is usually standard) you should have gone in with eyes wide open.

Good luck

Sadly, in my experience Linda is correct. I would only expect a print and trip fee. Lesson learned: Always check your docs for correct information before you go out. That is part of the job.

Good communication with company

First of all I do not work for RESE…now that that’s out of the way

If your second statement is true…then why did you go? Why was the error not brought to title/SD/SS attention BEFORE you went?

“Under their policy, had I showed up for the appointment and the client refused to sign I would still only get a trip and doc fee. NOT ONE SS I WORKED FOR EVER PAYS A FEE LOWER THAN THE CONTRACTED PRICE.”

Half fee or trip & Print fee for no signs has been standard procedure for the 13+ years I was in this business - why would you get your full fee when you didn’t do your full job???

Good communication with company