Sample Mixed Paper Size Document for Test Print

Do you have Word or some other word processing/office program on your computer? If so, you can create your own short test package. Create a document and format it for letter size and then legal size. Give it a test run.

I’ve struggled with the MAC/brother relationship for some time and finally threw in the towel and got an HP402 with a second tray. Works beautifully! I do have the Windows platform on the MAC. Most of the time I have to go the Windows platform to print docs correctly. I was ready to stop doing signings when my techie person figured out the problem. Good luck!

Great idea. Thank you!

Can I ask where you purchased it and how much cost?

There’s a “fix” for this problem in the works. We anticipate beta testing will begin within the next couple of weeks.

1 Like

There was no cost to adding the Windows platform. I retired from a University and when I left the techies helped me set up my new laptop. They also researched the HP402 printer as my best choice. The printer with the extra tray was about $400 from Amazon. Hope this helps as I know how frustrating it is to have trouble printing.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I purchased the hp with an extra paper tray. It should be here in a few days.

So this is why I’ve been having so many issues with printing both sizes with my Brother laser printer. I thought it was just something I had set up wrong. Thanks for the heads up that the issue is not just me. I get around it by printing the legal pages in one set and the letter in another. It works for now but I’m considering the HP402. Thank you for the info.

Hi,

I have a document I found online. I, too, tried to create one but evidently did something wrong because it wouldn’t print. Reply if you still need the document.

Hi

Do you still by chance have that document?

I found this website and they had a download to test print. https://www.thenotarynook.com/post/printer-test-print-legal-letterPrinter Test - Letter / Legal

2 Likes

That’s a great test doc…without wasting a bunch of paper. Good find, bethanyyaroma!
Also has many items for sale specifically for us. An explanation of Loan Docs (I didn’t look at that, but seems it would be helpful to newbs). Check it out.

1 Like

I love my HP too :). Never fails me.

Thank you much- this helped tremendously.

Adriana

1 Like

I had that problem for a long time and then someone posted on the Loan SigningSystem the way it has to be set up. It’s a little strange but it will work 200 pages, 2 copies sorted in order in a few minutes.

1 Like

Wow! That worked perfect!! Thank you so much for sharing!!! Yayyy!! :grinning:

1 Like

Is there a newer download link for the printer test?

I have a Brothers printer with a duel tray. I have the sample download from LSS but it is 23 pages. I am looking for a sample with a few pages. Does anyone have any suggetions?

Based on the suggestions of other contributors to this thread, I made my own document with mixed page sizes. It’s only six pages, three of each, and in non-sequential order so you can verify your machine chooses the right size for each sheet. Since I am unable to include attachments, I’ve put a link to a folder on my Google Drive, where you should find the document in both docx and pdf formats. I tested it out on my own printer (HP LaserJet 600 M601) using the PDF; both the test and the printer worked perfectly.

Here’s the link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aGz_IFEknvjG-5eIYCzi-sLlLr5lCdBW?usp=sharing

Best of luck to all of you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.