Signing of Document with Power of Attorney

I have received the documents which has to be signed with power of Attorney , There are two signer for this order , (a) Borrower himself and He also has power of Attorney from co_ borrower . I have never done this type of documents . Please advise

(a)   The person who has granted power of attorney has a signature line " xxxxx  by xxxxx , his (her) attorney-in-fact "  So should he  sign exactly like this wording  on those documents  ?

(b)   On certain documents only  Name of person is printed without the above wordings , So please advise on these documents  how the attorney-in-fact will sign ?

(c)    How the acknowledgment / Jurat to be completed  for this type of signing ?

(d)   Whose Id' information is to be use in place of Co- Borrower Identification form  ?

If someone can brief me or can call me on my cell (909) 809-1369 to clarify my question .

Thanks

As to (a) above - yes - you have it signed just as it’s written under the line - that’s probably how title/lender want it signed. For clarification I’d call title to confirm this.

(b) - May be signing as individual on these docs so AIF wording would not be used; check with title

(c) How the ack/jurat is completed is state-specific. Refer you to your notary handbook or your SOS (NOT TITLE OR SS!! They really don’t know and will tell you anything to get this done…your state notary laws regulate this and prevail here)…

(d) ID info should be the Borrower only as he is signing on behalf of both but I’d call title and ask to make sure they don’t want you to record co-borrower ID. Technically, with a signing with POA - the co-borrower doesn’t even really need to be there… However, in your journal the ID info is borrower only but I’d make a note that borrower was signing individually and as AIF for co-borrower

Hope this helps and good luck

1 Like

In additon to what LindaH wrote, check with your state SOS, notary manual, or laws to determine whether or not the person who is acting as an AIF must show you the power of attorney document.

An AIF cannot make a sworn statement on behalf of their principal.

I should have added, no jurat, that is.